Vikram, Radha hog limelight in national racingJuly 28th, 2008 - 4:22 pm ICT by IANS
Coimbatore, July 28 (IANS) Chennai’s Saran Vikram and veteran racer Radha Selvarajan hogged the limelight on a rain-marred day in round three of the JK Tyre National Racing championship at the Kari Motor Speedway here. Cloudy and windy conditions with intermittent showers Sunday disrupted the schedule as the organisers were forced to postpone both races in the Formula Rolon class. These races will incorporated in the next round of the championship.
However, what little races that were run produced some exhilarating competition with Vikram underlining his prowess in the LGB Swift class.
Race One saw the 18-year-old Saran starting second on the grid. On the straight in lap two, Saran moved past pole sitter Kartick Shankar of Team TVS Girling and hung on to his position to the finish after winning a tight battle with Shankar.
Meanwhile, Mumbai racer and seasoned campaigner Rayomand Banajee of Team WSRF with Leela came in third.
In the next race, Saran started in eighth place after the grid was reversed and came up with yet another stupendous effort on a wet track to register his second win this weekend. Banajee also did well to finish second, followed by Naren Shankar of Teams Rams Racing.
Later, Radha Selvaraj showcased his skills and vast experience in the Saloon car cc-to-weight class, notching a double.
Race 1 (15 laps): 1. Saran Vikram 18:12:687 seconds; 2. Karthik Shankar 18:13:047 secs; 3.Rayomand Banajee 18:24:737 secs
Race 2 (15 laps): 1. Saran Vikram 20:04:727 secs; 2. Rayomand Banajee 20:15:482 secs; 3. Naren Shankar 20:23:449 secs
Super Bikes (600 cc)
Race 1 (8 laps): 1.K.V. Balaji 11:47:261 secs; 2.G. Sreekumar 11:51:745 secs; 3.D.L.Sarosh 11:44:900 secs
Race 2 (8 laps): 1. K.V. Balaji 11:05414 secs; 2.G. Sreekumar 11:07:784 secs; 3. Ameen Navaz Khan 11:19:201 secs
Super Bike - 1000 cc
Race 1 (8 laps): 1. Mazhar Ahmed 11:36:327 secs; 2. Alok Shashidhar 11:48:861 secs; 3. V. Vikram 12:20:348 secs
Race 2 (8 laps): 1. Mazhar Ahmed 10:57:970 secs; 2. Alok Shashidhar 11:12:341 secs; 3. V. Vikram 11:35:299 secs
Race 1 (15 laps): 1. Radha Selvarajan 20:32:744 secs; 2. Siddarth Kishore 20:48:163 secs; 3. Sivaramakrishnan 20:48:357 secs
Race 2 (15 laps): 1. Radha Selvarajan 20:29:726 secs; 2. C. Rajaram 20:44:134 secs; 3. Sivaramakrishnan 20:46:192 secs
Race Star Cars
Race 1 (15 laps): 1. Pravin Kumar 21:25:087 secs; 2. Deepak Chinnappa 21:28:873 secs; 3.Byram Godrej 21:29:838 secs
Race 2 (15 laps): 1. Vignesh Devarajan 21:17:144 secs; 2. Deepak Chinnappa 21:19:306 secs; 3. Pravin Kumar 21:33:521 secs
- Kutty, Siva top National Racing opener - Jul 07, 2012
- King registers stunning win in MRF championships (Lead) - Feb 06, 2011
- King bounces back with win in MRF championship - Feb 06, 2011
- Jones, Bolisetti dominate MRF Challenger races - Feb 13, 2010
- Kini, Bolisetti consolidate in JK Tyre racing - Sep 26, 2010
- Commanding win for Deepak in National Racing Championship - Jun 18, 2011
- Gulf Oil sweep top podium spots in MRF race - Feb 13, 2011
- Double for Ameya, Diljith in JK Tyre National Racing - Jul 17, 2011
- Classy Balu leaves field cold in national racing - Jul 28, 2012
- Double for Fahad Kutty at National Racing - Jul 29, 2012
- Rookie motorbike rider Ramesh bags a double - Jun 03, 2012
- Command show by King in MRF Formula Championship - Feb 12, 2011
- Double for Vishnu, Deepak at National Racing Championship - Jun 19, 2011
- Double for Sarath Kumar - Sep 09, 2012
- Veterans rule the roost at JK Races - Aug 21, 2011
Tags: ameen, balaji, hog limelight, intermittent showers, jk tyre, karthik, little races, mazhar, motor speedway, naren shankar, pole sitter, saloon car, saran, sarosh, selvaraj, tight battle, veteran racer, wet track, windy conditions, wsrf