Vettori remains No.1 ODI bowler of the worldMarch 12th, 2009 - 3:05 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Mar.12 (ANI): Black Caps captain Daniel Vettori remains atop the world one-day cricket bowling rankings.
Vettori reclaimed the top spot in January when he leapfrogged Australian fast bowler Nathan Bracken on the strength of his performance during the five-match series against the West Indies.
The latest rankings include the fifth one-day international against Australia in Brisbane on February 13.
New Zealand fast bowler Kyle Mills has edged further up the one-day rankings to third, while the injury-hit Jacob Oram slips to 19th.
Ross Taylor is New Zealand’’s best one-day batsman, ranking 16th alongside South African Herschelle Gibbs, while Brendon McCallum slots in at 27th.
Vettori ranks 11th in the test bowling rankings, with Chris Martin the next highest New Zealander on 19th.
In the test batting rankings, Ross Taylor is the first New Zealand player to register at 33rd, two places ahead of Vettori.
In the test team rankings, India, the Black Caps opponents starting next week, are third on the list, with New Zealand languishing in eighth place on the 10-team table.
Test rankings: Australia 126, 1; South Africa 121, 2; India 118, 3; Sri Lanka 108, 4; Pakistan 100, 5; England 98, 6; West Indies 89, 7; New Zealand 81, 8; Zimbabwe 19, 9; Bangladesh 0, 10. (ANI)
- Roach leads Windies demolition of Black Caps - Aug 03, 2012
- Gayle, Powell centuries give Windies control - Jul 28, 2012
- Chanderpaul back as No.1 Test batsman - Apr 29, 2012
- Vettori takes indefinite break from limited-over cricket - Jun 25, 2011
- Windies overcome Taylor century, win series - Jul 15, 2012
- Gayle hits 14th Test ton against New Zealand - Jul 28, 2012
- West Indies eye series win against Black Caps - Jul 05, 2012
- Both New Zealand and Australia have a point to prove (Preview) - Feb 24, 2011
- Best thrilled at role in series victory - Jul 16, 2012
- India look to extending Test cricket domination - Nov 03, 2010
- Australia too good for New Zealand (Lead) - Feb 25, 2011
- Shillingford nabs five but Kiwis battle to draw - Jul 23, 2012
- Vettori, McCullum, Ryder back in Kiwi squad for Bangladesh tour - Sep 13, 2010
- New Zealand to seek inspiration from near miss at ICC Champions Trophy - Feb 13, 2011
- Younus Khan jumps 11 places in ICC rankings (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
Tags: black caps, captain daniel, chris martin, cricket, daniel vettori, eighth place, herschelle gibbs, jacob oram, kyle mills, match, nathan bracken, new zealander, odi bowler, opponents, ross taylor, table test, test rankings, test team, wellington, west indies