Vettori awaits advice on playing in IPL, Sri LankaMarch 6th, 2009 - 1:53 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Mar 6 (ANI): New Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori will rely on the experts advice before making his decision on whether to play cricket in the sub-continent this year.
Vettori is due to play in the Indian Premier League next month and lead New Zealand on a tour of Sri Lanka in July.
Both trips are in the balance after the terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore on Tuesday.
You take every tour one at a time and one thing the players have done is trust New Zealand Cricket and the Players Association and that wont change heading up to the IPL or our tour of Sri Lanka later in the year, The Dominion Post quoted Vettori, as saying.
We have to remain constant and consistent with what we have done in the past, and if people come out and say it is safe to tour, then we have to take their opinion, he added.
Vettori also said that money is not an issue, even if the likes of Jacob Oram, Brendon McCullum and himself were all earning more than one million dollar a year in the IPL.
We have to keep supporting the Players Association and NZC and their stance because they are ones putting the work in.
They are finding out what is happening in the background. They are the ones talking with security forces and police on the ground, so the decision they back is the one we have to back, Vettori said. (ANI)
- NZC focus on workload as teams picked for Windies series - May 04, 2012
- Kiwi keeper McCullum set for move down batting order - Oct 20, 2010
- Sri Lanka tries to buy top Kiwis for T20 comp - Jan 16, 2011
- New Zealand to bat against Sri Lanka - Mar 29, 2011
- Injured Ryder ruled out of Sri Lanka tour - Jul 21, 2010
- New Zealand face daunting task against Sri Lanka (Preview) - Mar 28, 2011
- New Zealand include seven rookies among World Cup probables - Dec 22, 2010
- Weather again in Yuvraj's way (Preview) - Sep 10, 2012
- Black Caps move power hitters down the order for ODI against Pak - Jan 21, 2011
- New Zealand cricketers asked to give views on next captain - Jun 13, 2011
- New Zealand taking a balanced side for ICC T20 World Cup - Apr 23, 2010
- Wright is the man with a World Cup plan for the Black caps - Feb 04, 2011
- Can unpredictable New Zealand spring a surprise? (World Cup Countdown) - Jan 31, 2011
- James Franklin left out of New Zealand Cricket contract - Jul 01, 2011
- Australia opt to field against New Zealand - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: brendon mccullum, continent, daniel vettori, dominion post, ipl, jacob oram, lahore, money, new zealand cricket, one at a time, one million, premier league, security forces, skipper, sri lanka, sri lankan team, team bus, terrorist attack, wellington