Venezuelans miss practice as kits are misplacedSeptember 1st, 2011 - 12:06 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 31 (IANS) The Venezuelan team had to do without match practice as their jerseys and the kits got misplaced in transit at the Madrid airport.
India’s national football club Mohun Bagan tried to come to their rescue.
“When we came to know that they don’t have their kits with them, we sent our jerseys. But as the Mohun Bagan jerseys had logos of a soft drink, so they rejected it,” Mohun Bagan general secretary Anjan Mitra said.
Sporting the Mohun Bagan jerseys with the logo would have violated the ambush-marketing clause for the team.
The organisers rushed to the Maidan Market to ensure alternative arrangements as the team was scheduled to practice Wednesday evening. But it was already too late.
- Saradha Group becomes co-sponsor of Mohun Bagan football team - Nov 24, 2010
- Footballer Ruud Gullit to visit Kolkata - Jul 25, 2012
- Mohun Bagan appoints Bhowmick as technical director - Dec 14, 2010
- Sourav invited for Messi match - Aug 28, 2011
- Darby quits as coach of Mohun Bagan - Oct 15, 2011
- Bagan forms three-member panel to keep tab on Darby - Oct 10, 2011
- Afro-Aussie Diamondstar arrives for Mohun Bagan trials - Aug 17, 2010
- Bagan's 1911 Shield triumph to become part of school texts - Apr 10, 2012
- Soccer legend Sailen Manna dead (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Mohun Bagan to help soccer development in northeast - Nov 25, 2010
- Bhowmick takes over as Mohun Bagan technical director - Dec 15, 2010
- Afro-Aussie Diamondstar to be on trial for Mohun Bagan - Aug 14, 2010
- Mohun Bagan's chief coach resigns - Dec 13, 2010
- Babul Supriyo turns designer, designs jersey for Mohun Bagan - Jul 30, 2012
- Mohun Bagan appoints Santosh Kashyap as coach - Jun 30, 2012
Tags: alternative arrangements, ambush marketing, anjan, football club, general secretary, India, jerseys, logos, madrid airport, match, mitra, mohun bagan, national football, organisers, soft drink, venezuelans, wednesday evening