Various rumors regarding Peyton Manning aboundJanuary 30th, 2012 - 11:30 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Jan 30 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Several media houses are reporting that Peyton Manning is being seriously considered by the San Francisco 49ers. The team launched a major comeback during the later part of the just-ended season and was just unlucky not to make it to the Super Bowl XLVI. Nonetheless, the fans of the team called for the head of quarterback Alex Smith.
They argued that he cannot be trusted to make the attack as potent as they will want to see it. The story about Manning’s possible move to the Niners stem from the fact that he has been made available by the Indianapolis Colts. The reports say the star quarterback is on the list of players the club is going out to shop for in 2012.
The Colts endured an embarrassing season in the NFL. The team slumped to their worst performance of the season but Manning lost the season. He sat out throughout the period due to a neck injury.
Niners coach Jim Harbaugh in a recent interview indicated that the team can do with a star quarterback. He said that, “We said that we’d get the best quarterbacks in here and throw out the balls. That’s a position that’s earned. It’s never an anointed position.”
- Peyton Manning (Indianapolis Colts) Vs. Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers) Could Be A Foretaste Of The Super Bowl Of The NFL - Aug 26, 2010
- Terrell Suggs Lists Tom Brady And Peyton Manning As NFL Favorites - Dec 06, 2010
- Peyton Manning Getting Plum Deals - Sep 12, 2010
- Jim Harbaugh Quits Stanford For San Francisco 49ers - Jan 08, 2011
- Indianapolis Colts Vs Tennessee Titans : Match Updates - Dec 10, 2010
- NFL wouldn't levy any fines for Harbaugh, Schwartz - Oct 18, 2011
- Peyton Manning Leads Indianapolis Colts To Success - Sep 20, 2010
- Indianapolis Colts Runs To Victory Against New York Giants - Sep 20, 2010
- Peyton Manning's Stats Indicate That He Is Heading For Second Super Bowl Victory - Feb 07, 2010
- NFL fines could break Kenny Phillips back - Oct 18, 2011
- Indianapolis Colts Loses To San Diego Chargers - Nov 29, 2010
- Jacob Tamme Was Unable To Live Upto The Expectation Against Titans - Dec 10, 2010
- 'Pick your Poison': Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning - Aug 26, 2010
- Austin Collie's Injury Leads To Colts' Defeat On Sunday - Nov 08, 2010
- Colts To Clash Against Saints In Super Bowl - Jan 25, 2010