Van Persie to make United debut Monday: FergusonAugust 16th, 2012 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 16 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Arsenal striker Robin van Persie will make his debut in a Manchester United shirt against Everton Monday, manager Alex Ferguson said Thursday.
United have already agreed a transfer fee with Arsenal and the deal is subject to the Dutch forward signing a contract and passing a medical.
“Alex Ferguson confident Robin Van Persie will make debut against Everton Monday,” United said on their official Twitter.
The Everton away game will be United’s first league fixture of the new season.
Van Persie joined Arsenal in 2004 and has since made 277 appearances, scoring 132 goals.
He has scored 29 times for the Netherlands in 68 appearances.
- Manchester United sign Van Persie - Aug 17, 2012
- Arshavin visits St.Petersburg, sparks speculation - Aug 19, 2012
- Everton sign Belgium striker Mirallas - Aug 19, 2012
- Russian club Kuban sign Ajax's Ozbiliz - Aug 09, 2012
- Euro 2012: Germany down Dutch 2-1 on Gomez double - Jun 14, 2012
- Louis Saha signs for Sunderland - Aug 16, 2012
- PSV sign Dutch forward Narsingh - Jul 16, 2012
- Denmark's Bendtner hit with UEFA charge - Jun 15, 2012
- Zenit signs young striker from Montenegro - Jun 06, 2012
- Van Persie likely to miss friendly match - Feb 29, 2012
- Russia feared at Euro 2012: Pavlyuchenko - Jun 08, 2012
- Van Persie's wonder goal takes Asrenal to top 4 - Dec 11, 2011
- Kerzhakov signs four-year extension at Zenit - Aug 18, 2012
- Howard Webb to referee Russia's Euro 2012 opener - Jun 06, 2012
- Netherlands crush Northern Ireland 6-0 - Jun 03, 2012