Vaidya, Uday regain lead in Dakshin Dare RallyJune 16th, 2011 - 12:24 am ICT by IANS
Ooty, June 15 (IANS) Manoj Vaidya and co-driver Uday Kumar regained the lead in the Ultimate category after overnight front-runners Imran and Rashid went off course at the end of the third leg of the 2,100 km Dakshin Dare Rally here Wednesday.
Starting from Coimbatore early Wednesday, the convoy reached Ooty at the end of third leg with the participants of Ultimate and Endurance categories taking two different routes yet again.
In the two-wheeler category, Pramod Joshua extended his lead with a cumulative timing of 2:19:21, followed by Rohit Gowda (2:32:16).
On Thursday, the participants move to Kundah, about 86 km away, to negotiate a 36-km Special Stage with over 60 hairpin bends followed by a 238 km transport run to Mysore.
Results (after Leg 3):
Cars - Ultimate: Manoj Vaidya/Uday Kumar (2hrs, 47mins, 25secs) 1; Sunil Shetty/Darayash D (2:51:59) 2; Imran/ Rashid 3.
Two-wheelers: Prasad (2:19:21) 1; Rohit Gowda (2:32:16) 2; Venu Ramesh Kumar (2:33:51) 3.
Endurance: K. Prasad/Mustafa (1hr:21mins) 1; Satish Gopalakrishnan/Savera D’Souza (1:24) 2; Girijashankar Joshy/Chandramouli (1:47) 3.
- Motorsports: Vaidya, Uday maintain lead - Jun 17, 2011
- Motorsports:Vaidya, Uday bag honours - Jun 18, 2011
- Imran, Rashid move ahead in Dakshin Dare Rally - Jun 14, 2011
- Motorsports: Vaidya, Joshua in lead - Jun 14, 2011
- Gill consolidates lead - Apr 13, 2012
- Rana, Naik forge ahead in motor rally - Jun 11, 2010
- Ali, Epton maintain lead in Dakshin Dare Rally - Jun 10, 2010
- Dakshin Dare Rally: Gill, Nataraj emerge champs - Apr 13, 2012
- Bawa maintains lead in Desert Storm - Feb 26, 2011
- Sidhu, Michael triumph in Desert Storm rally - Feb 27, 2011
- TVS Motors closes March and fiscal with higher sales - Apr 01, 2011
- Gill, Takale lead in Dakshin Dare Rally - Apr 10, 2012
- Takale completes Mahindra sweep at Dakshin Dare Rally - Apr 14, 2012
- Top racers for Endurance Festival of Speed - Jan 16, 2010
- TVS Motor logs five percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2012