Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, Mumbai in sight of semi-final spots (Ranji-Roundup)December 26th, 2009 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 26 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh, Mumbai and Karnataka are on the verge of making the Ranji Trophy semi-finals after the end of the third day’s play in the quarterfinals Saturday.
Karnataka had already taken a first innings lead while Uttar Pradesh and Mumbai have put themselves in a position of an outright win.
At Guwahati, Uttar Pradesh were 256 for nine in the second innings and had taken a huge lead of 355 run lead against newly-promoted Assam, who were out for 114 in the first innings. Uttar Pradesh made 213 in the first innings.
Defending champions Mumbai were also sitting in a comfortable position against Haryana at Rohtak . They bowled out new comers Haryana for 164 in the first innings after scoring 400 in their first essay. Mumbai were 119 for three in the second innings at the close of the third day’s play.
At Guwahati: Uttar Pradesh 213 & 256/9 (Piyush Chawla 53, Tanmay Srivastav 49; Ranjit Kumar Mali 4-76, Dhiraj Goswami 4-56). Assam 114.
At Rohtak: Mumbai 400 and 119/3 (Sahil Kujkreja 63, Rohit Sharma 51). Haryana 164 all out (Rahul Dewan 71; Ramesh Powar 4-52).
At Mysore: Punjab 300 & 165/1 (Sunny Sohal 85 batting, Mayank Sidhana 37 batting). Karnataka 378.
At Delhi: Tamil Nadu 463. Delhi 294/4 (Mithun Manhas 76, Aditya Jain 76).
- It's Delhi vs. Mumbai, Karnataka vs. Uttar Pradesh in semis (Ranji Trophy Roundup) - Dec 27, 2009
- Ranji Trophy: Mumbai begin with a big win over Railways - Nov 06, 2011
- Double century by Niraj Patel; tons by Tanmay, Mukund, Rayudu - Nov 11, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Delhi, Mumbai, MP post emphatic wins - Dec 02, 2011
- Sudhindra's seven-wicket haul puts Madhya Pradesh on top - Dec 15, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Nehra bags six wickets, double ton for Yadav - Nov 30, 2011
- Karnataka 265/6 against Punjab in quarters (Ranji Roundup) - Dec 25, 2009
- Ranji Trophy: Ganguly scores century against Haryana - Dec 01, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Saurashtra's win over Punjab lone result in Elite Division - Nov 20, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Tiwary, Pandey, Menaria slam double hundreds - Nov 18, 2011
- Konwar bags five to bowl out UP for 213 (Ranji Roundup) - Dec 24, 2009
- Ranji Trophy: Delhi take slender lead against MP - Dec 07, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Mukund's double ton takes Tamil Nadu to 693/8 - Dec 14, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Ravindra Jadeja strikes triple ton against Orissa - Nov 04, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Raina cracks unbeaten double century; Harbhajan goes wicketless - Nov 05, 2011
Tags: assam, goswami, haryana, jain, mithun, mumbai, mysore, new comers, piyush chawla, quarterfinals, ramesh, ranji trophy, ranjit kumar, rohit sharma, rohtak, semi finals, sohal, tamil nadu, third day, verge