Utah Jazz Closes Deal To Acquire Al JeffersonJuly 13th, 2010 - 9:08 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Utah, July 13, (THAINDIAN NEWS) In all probability, Utah Jazz is closing to get hold of Al Jefferson. Inside sources have revealed that Utah Jazz has nearly finalized all terms with Al Jefferson who currently plays for Minnesota Timberwolves.
Greg Miller the owner of Utah Jazz tweeted a post on Monday night which said that he had “just approved a Jazz roster” which makes him a happy man. It is likely that they are going to make it official in a day or two and Al Jefferson will be traded over to Utah Jazz form Minnesota Timberwolves. The last season saw Al Jefferson pulling an average of 6.9 rebounds along with 17.1 points. However he had to miss a total of 32 games owing to an ACL injury which gave all other players a chance to hit the score charts high.
Unarguably he was the best in the season before he got hurt when he averaged with 23.1 points and with 10.9 rebounds. To add up to his distress, the authorities issued suspension orders as the cops had him under a DUI charge. Following that, Al Jefferson had asked for an apology from his family, friends and teammates. It seems like the bad phase is over for Al Jefferson and if goes well Utah Jazz is willing to shell out $13 million for the player.
Utah Jazz enjoys a commendable position in terms of trade exception which is huge enough to hire Al Jefferson for $13 million. The happy sign is that they won’t have to send any players back to Minnesota Timberwolves. No matter he plays as a forward or as a center man in the game, Al Jefferson is sure to
bring out the very best out of Utah Jazz by playing alongside Mehmet Okur and Paul Millsap.
- Portland Trail Blazers Sign Wesley Matthews To $34 Million Offer Sheet - Jul 11, 2010
- NBA Recap: February 22nd 2012 - Feb 23, 2012
- Michael Beasley Traded To Minnesota Timberwolves - Jul 09, 2010
- Martell Webster Goes To Minnesota Timberwolves - Jun 25, 2010
- Chicago Bulls Welcome Kyle Korver - Jul 10, 2010
- Mavericks sign Chinese forward Yi Jianlian - Jan 07, 2012
- NBA side Washington Wizards sack coach Saunders - Jan 25, 2012
- US picks 12-man basketball squad for Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- Memphis again sign Haddadi - Jan 01, 2012
- Ronnie Brewer To Join Chicago Bulls - Jul 17, 2010
- NBA Free Agency Begins On Thursday - Jul 01, 2010
- NBA Transfers and Randy Foye - Jun 24, 2009
- New York Mets Trade Jeff Francoeur To Texas Rangers - Sep 01, 2010
- Khloe Kardashian enjoys a Mavericks game - Jan 30, 2012
- Spain names basketball squad for London Olympics - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: acl injury, al jefferson, apology, authorities, cops, dui charge, family friends, greg miller, happy man, mehmet okur, minnesota timberwolves, monday night, paul millsap, probability, ranjan, rebounds, suspension orders, teammates, trade exception, utah jazz