USC Football To Receive Two Years Ban From NCAAJune 10th, 2010 - 7:43 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Los Angeles, June 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) After four years of investigations, the NCAA will finally declare its ban and sanctions on the USC team.
The NCAA is scheduled to declare a two year bowling ban on the USC along with withdrawing more than 20 football scholarships. Apart from these, some media sources also claim that the USC football program will have to surrender all its wins since 2004 and also serve a probation period.
However, as of yet nothing has been officially announced by the NCAA and the USC football program will issue a statement to the media sources only after the NCAA goes with the official announcement.
If the media reports turn out to be true on Thursday, then it would be one big set back for the USC football program. It has in the past admitted to wrong doing in its basketball program and had gone through the fate of postseason participation ban and scholarship reduction.
It was also stripped of all its wins during the period of 2007-08. If the NCAA bans USC football for postseason games on Thursday, finding it guilty of providing improper facilities to its former player Reggie Bush then USC would be considered as a repeated wrong doer.
The investigation by the NCAA was carried out after many allegations were brought against the player. The NCAA not only tried to find out whether Reggie Bush was ineligible but it also investigated whether the family of the player had enjoyed a rent-free accommodation provided by a sports marketer.
If found guilty Reggie Bush who had played for the USC football team from 2003-05 will have to surrender all his winning medals and trophies that include his Heisman Trophy award 2005.
- Is Reggie Bush going to be stripped off his Heisman Trophy Award? - Sep 08, 2010
- Reggie Bush To Be Stripped Off Heisman Trophy? - Sep 08, 2010
- Cam Newton Wins Heisman Trophy, Detractors Silenced - Dec 12, 2010
- Reggie Bush Suffers Leg Injury During Monday Night Game - Sep 21, 2010
- Cam Newton's Heisman Trophy Win Shrouded By Controversy - Dec 12, 2010
- Carmen-Bush sex tape a rumor? - Aug 13, 2009
- Dillon Baxter: The Upcoming Football Star - Apr 14, 2010
- Senior Quarterback Reggie Garrett Dies After Touchdown Pass - Sep 19, 2010
- Sam Bradford Signs Record Contract With St. Louis Rams - Jul 31, 2010
- NCAA Investigation Did Not Spoil Cam Newton's Performance - Nov 07, 2010
- Auburn QB Cam Newton named Heisman Trophy Award winner - Dec 12, 2010
- Cam Newton Braving Pay For Play Speculations - Nov 14, 2010
- Is it going to be Derek Anderson vs. Vince Young in Monday's game? - Aug 23, 2010
- Nothing to hide in defence deals: Antony - May 02, 2012
- Toby Gerhart Fails To Claim Heisman Trophy - Dec 13, 2009
Tags: allegations, basketball program, fate, football program, football scholarships, free accommodation, heisman trophy, kar, medals and trophies, media sources, meena, ncaa, postseason games, probation period, reggie bush, sanctions, sports marketer, trophy award, usc football team, usc team