Usain Bolt to visit New ZealandSeptember 11th, 2012 - 6:01 pm ICT by IANS
Wellington, Sep 11 (IANS/CMC) World and Olympic sprint champion Usain Bolt will visit New Zealand next month through his association with a sports drink.
Hot on the heels of his stunning Olympics campaign in London, Bolt will be in the country Oct 8 to promote Gatorade sports drink, CMC reports.
A company spokeswoman says they haven’t yet confirmed how long Bolt, who they have sponsored for the past four years, will be in the country.
“We are unbelievably excited to bring the fastest man on earth to New Zealand,” declared Mark Callaghan, Chief executive, Frucor Beverages.
“Coming off his recent performance, Usain well and truly earned his place in history as the fastest sprinter to ever compete.”
The Jamaican, who won the 100m and 200m double at the London Olympics as he did four years ago in Beijing, is sponsored by Gatorade, which is being launched in New Zealand.
“New Zealand is a relatively new market for the brand,” said Callaghan. “And we’re looking forward to launching Gatorade in an exciting way with Usain’s visit.”
The charismatic 26-year-old athlete is no stranger to celebrity endorsements.
He is already an ambassador for sport’s wear giant Puma, believed to be worth $9 million annually, and recently impersonated Richard Branson in an advertisement for Virgin Media.
- Olympics: Bolt admits to pressure ahead of 100m conquest - Aug 07, 2012
- Powell eyes London Olympics to end title drought - Aug 28, 2011
- Olympics: Jamaica celebrates historic 200m one-two-three - Aug 10, 2012
- Bolt escapes unhurt in a minor car crash - Jun 11, 2012
- Powell issues warning to Bolt by winning in Hungary - Jul 31, 2011
- Bolt confirmed for Weltklasse Zurich - May 17, 2012
- Olympics: Bolt breezes into 200m final - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Bolt warns Blake off 200m gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Jamaicans rejoice as Bolt wins 100m final - Aug 06, 2012
- Bolt, Blake break meet records in Lausanne - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: 100m, athlete, beijing, celebrity endorsements, cmc, company spokeswoman, fastest man on earth, gatorade, hot on the heels, london olympics, mark callaghan, olympic sprint champion, olympics, puma, richard branson, sep 11, sprinter, usain bolt, virgin media, zealand wellington