US Open: Paes-Bhupathi to face Somdev-Huey in doubles pre-quartersSeptember 4th, 2011 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Sep 4 (IANS) India’s top-ranked doubles pair of Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi entered the third round of the US Open by beating Florian Mayer and Rogier Wassen 7-6, 6-2 here Saturday. They now meet compatriot Somdev Devvarman and his Filipino partner Treat Conrad Huey, who also prevailed in the second round.
The opening set could have gone either way but the Indian express played solid tennis in the second to wrap up the match in 85 minutes.
Paes-Bhupathi will face Somdev and Huey for a place in the quarterfinals.
The Indo-Filipino combine got past the Argentine pair of Juan Ignacio Chela and Eduardo Schwank 6-3, 6-4.
- US Open: Somdev wins doubles match, Bhupathi-Sania knocked out - Sep 02, 2011
- Wimbledon: Bhupathi, Paes in third round mixed doubles - Jun 28, 2011
- US Open: Paes-Bhupathi beat Somdev-Huey to enter quarterfinals - Sep 06, 2011
- Indians move up in Wimbledon doubles - Jun 24, 2010
- Australian Open: Bhupathi-Bopanna, Sania-Vesnina enter doubles pre-quarters - Jan 21, 2012
- US Open: Bopanna-Qureshi storm into quarters; Sania-Vesnia crash out - Sep 05, 2011
- Paes-Bhupathi and Bopanna-Qureshi in quarterfinals - Aug 19, 2011
- Paes, Bhupathi script fairytale win - Jan 04, 2011
- Paes-Bhupathi crash out of Rogers Cup - Aug 10, 2011
- Somdev-Huey qualify for Wimbledon doubles - Jun 18, 2010
- Somdev-Huey shock top seeds to enter Farmers Classic quarters - Jul 28, 2011
- CWG tennis: Paes, Bhupathi win doubles bronze - Oct 09, 2010
- French Open: Paes-Bhupathi, Bopanna-Qureshi advance, Somdev exits - May 26, 2011
- US Open: Sania loses, Paes-Bhupathi, Bopanna-Qureshi advance - Aug 31, 2011
- US Open: Sania-Bethanie in third round - Sep 02, 2012