Uruguay represented Latin America with dignity: Bolivian presidentJuly 12th, 2010 - 1:04 pm ICT by IANS
La Paz, July 12 (IANS) Bolivian President Evo Morales has congratulated Uruguay soccer team for its fourth place in the World Cup and said it represented Latin America with dignity.
Uruguay’s striker Diego Forlan was the best player in the event, he was quoted as saying by Prensa Latina Sunday.
Morales praised Uruguay coach Oscar Washington Tabarez and said it was lack of luck that the team could not occupy third place in the competition.
- Suarez, Cavani in Uruguay Olympic team - Jul 10, 2012
- 'Little final' small consolation for Germany, Uruguay - Jul 09, 2010
- No favourites at London Olympics: Uruguayan football coach - Jul 10, 2012
- Uruguay seek to raise their level in South Africa 2010 (Team Profile) - Nov 25, 2009
- Uruguay beat South Korea 2-1 to reach quarter-finals (Lead) - Jun 26, 2010
- Fans greet Uruguay's World Cup heroes - Jul 14, 2010
- Forlan double sends South Africa close to World Cup exit - Jun 17, 2010
- Uruguay hoping for a repeat of history (Group A team profile) - May 26, 2010
- Bolivian president has knee surgery - Nov 08, 2010
- Uruguay must shed sorrow of defeat for playoff: Tabarez - Jul 07, 2010
- Bolivia nationalises Spanish-owned firm - May 02, 2012
- Forlan signs with Brazil's Internacional - Jul 07, 2012
- Germany take third place with 3-2 victory against Uruguay (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2010
- Hosts hoping to celebrate with the nation - Jun 15, 2010
- Uruguay and South Korea eye World Cup glory - Jun 25, 2010