Uruguay playmaker hoping to learn from SeedorfAugust 8th, 2012 - 5:18 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, Aug 8 (IANS) Uruguay football international midfielder Nicolas Lodeiro said that he is honoured to be playing alongside boyhood idol Clarence Seedorf at Botafogo.
Lodeiro was officially presented to the Rio de Janeiro club’s fans Tuesday having agreed to a four-year deal in July while in London with Uruguay’s Olympic team, reports Xinhua.
The 23-year-old, who spent the past two seasons at Dutch club Ajax, said he was excited by the prospect of playing alongside former AC Milan and Real Madrid star Seedorf, 36.
“It’s something I’m really looking forward to,” Lodeiro said during a press conference. “I remember watching him play when I was young and now I’ll be next to him on the pitch. I’m going to make the most of it by learning as much as I can from him.”
Lodeiro has played 12 matches for Uruguay and was a member of the team that reached the semi-finals of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
- Seedorf set for Botafogo debut - Jul 20, 2012
- Uruguay playmaker set for Botafogo debut - Aug 11, 2012
- Seedorf says Brazil can attract other European stars - Jul 10, 2012
- Seedorf leaves Milan after a decade for Botafogo - Jul 01, 2012
- Botafogo revives interest in Seedorf - Apr 29, 2012
- Deco praises Seedorf's Brazil move - Jul 05, 2012
- Forlan, Seedorf promise success for new clubs - Jul 08, 2012
- Botafogo on verge of Seedorf deal - Jun 07, 2012
- Dutch star Seedorf scores first goal for Botafogo - Aug 05, 2012
- Fred on target for Fluminense in Brazilian Serie A - Aug 16, 2012
- Seedorf double inspires Botafogo - Sep 06, 2012
- Ronaldinho ready to face former Milan teammate Seedorf - Aug 18, 2012
- Forlan signs with Brazil's Internacional - Jul 07, 2012
- Seedorf fears Rio fan violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Diego Forlan set for Internacional debut - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: ac milan, ajax, botafogo, boyhood idol, clarence seedorf, dutch club, football international, london, midfielder, olympic team, pitch, real madrid, rio de janeiro, semi finals, south africa, two seasons, uruguay football, world cup, xinhua