Upset with players, AIFF to depute officials to DubaiDecember 28th, 2010 - 10:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 28 (IANS) Upset with the involvement of players in the reported spat between the team manager and coach, All India Football Federation (AIFF) vice president Subrata Dutta and general secretary Kushal Das will fly to Dubai Wednesday to take a stock of the situation ahead of the Asian Cup starting Jan 7 in Doha.Das lamented that it would have been good for the players if they were not involved in the incident that prompted team manager Pradeep Chowdhury to return to India.
“The issue has been blown out of proportion. Everybody has personal issues. But the players would have been better off maintaining silence, absolutely,” said Das here Wednesday.
Das said he would try to motivate the players ahead of the tournament, for which India have qualified after a gap of 24 years.
“We have to assure the players that everything is normal and under control. They don’t need to worry about anything. We have already appointed a new manager and a senior official will be with the team during the tournament to motivate them,” he said.
Dutta added that it was not the right time for the AIFF to take any action against the players.
“We can’t take any action on hearsay. We have to get the full details and with just less than two weeks left it is not the right time to think of taking any action against the players,” he said.
The players led by captain Bhaichung Bhutia, in a statement by Football Players Association of India (FPAI), have criticised manager Pradeep Chowdhury, who left the team after a spat with chief coach Bob Houghton.
- Tough to retain an injured Bhaichung in team: AIFF - Jan 07, 2011
- AIFF president meets team in Dubai to boost confidence - Jan 04, 2011
- In another flip-flop, AFC re-registers Bhutia in Asian Cup team (Intro Roundup) - Jan 08, 2011
- AIFF censures Chettri for praising Houghton - Apr 20, 2011
- AIFF flip-flop may cost Bhaichung a place in Asian Cup team (Roundup) - Jan 07, 2011
- Bhaichung to lead national football team in Asian Cup - Dec 27, 2010
- I am giving myself another 2-3 days, says Bhaichung (Lead) - Jan 07, 2011
- Football team manager to return after spat with Houghton - Dec 25, 2010
- Services promise jobs to footballers - Mar 19, 2012
- Houghton hires lawyer against AIFF, denies racist comments - Apr 11, 2011
- India's friendly against Bayern Munich to be Bhutia's farewell match - Oct 15, 2011
- Bhutia says Houghton is not racist, blasts referee Nair - Oct 30, 2010
- Nayeemuddin still sore with Bhutia - Aug 24, 2011
- Bollywood stars to grace Indian Football Awards - Sep 20, 2011
- AIFF upset with Houghton's remarks - Jan 14, 2011
Tags: 24 years, asian cup, bhaichung bhutia, bob houghton, chief coach, coach bob, doha, football federation, football players, gap, general secretary, hearsay, jan 7, kushal das, New Delhi, personal issues, proportion, right time, spat, subrata