UP plans cricket academy, stadium in LucknowJune 29th, 2012 - 12:18 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 28 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government Thursday announced that it would soon invite bids for selection of consultant for a proposed international cricket stadium and a cricket academy project in Lucknow.
The decision was taken at a high-level government meeting chaired by Infrastructure and Industrial Development Commissioner (IIDC) Anil K. Gupta and attended by senior officials of departments of housing, finance, sports and the Lucknow Development Authority among others.
Gupta said: “Selected consultant will be asked to prepare a financially attractive plan along with techno-economic report within a stipulated timeline to attract the best players in stadium construction.”
“It is one of the dream projects of the chief minister and State government is committed to implement it through public-private partnership (PPP) on priority basis,” he added.
Aimed at promoting sports culture and getting the due place for Uttar Pradesh on the international cricketing map, the first phase will include construction of an international cricket stadium and cricket academy on about 50 acres of land.
While the project is estimated to cost around Rs.300 crore, the proposed stadium will have a seating capacity of around 50,000 spectators.
The selected consultant will be required to prepare and develop appropriate and workable model and phasing of various provisions for development of the stadium and the cricket academy.
The consultant will also advice the government in the selection of most preferred developer for execution of the project including bid process management.
- Work on international stadium at Lucknow gains momentum - Aug 25, 2012
- UP approves bid documents for Agra airport - Aug 08, 2012
- Akhilesh government takes ahead Agra-Lucknow Expressway project - May 18, 2012
- UP invites investment for Lucknow IT park - Jun 14, 2012
- To woo tourists, UP plans helium balloon rides, rope ways - Jun 13, 2012
- UP takes stock of F1 Indian Grand Prix preparations - Sep 06, 2012
- UP mulls Rapid Transit System from Delhi to Meerut - May 10, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh to get highway network soon - Jul 09, 2012
- Gas distribution networks to be set up in Uttar Pradesh - May 22, 2012
- UP appoints consultant for Ghaziabad road - Sep 19, 2012
- Pay more for more power in Noida and Ghaziabad - Jun 19, 2012
- Pakistan builds new stadiums to draw international cricket - May 09, 2012
- UP to develop hi-tech industrial township in Bulandshahr - Sep 07, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh to add 500 MW of power by June - May 17, 2012
- Maharashtra takes step forward on Mumbai-Raigad sea bridge - Nov 24, 2011
Tags: anil k gupta, chief minister, cricket academy, cricket stadium, development commissioner, dream projects, economic report, international cricket, level government, lucknow development authority, ppp, preferred developer, priority basis, process management, public private partnership, senior officials, spectators, stadium construction, uttar pradesh government, workable model