University Of Minnesota Hires Jerry Kill As Their Head Football CoachDecember 6th, 2010 - 7:26 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) University of Minnesota officials announced Sunday night that they have hired head coach of Northern Illinois University, Jerry Kill for its next season. The University officials fired its former coach Tim Brewster on October 17 after the teams slew of lackluster performance. However, the University officials have said that they would announce Jerry Kill as the coach of the team formally on Monday’s press conference.
Jerry Kill gave an exclusive interview to a reputed media source where he expressed his excitement and happiness to be the part of new team. He said that it is a tremendous opportunity for him and he got this break at the right time in his life. The new head coach of University of Minnesota promised that he would leave no stones unturned to train his team. He said that his father and mother has taught him to do his job with sincerity and full efficiency. Jerry Kill said that his motto in life is to do his best and that is what he intends to do in the University of Minnesota.
Joel Maturi, the athletic director of University of Minnesota said that the University officials have cast a wide search and found that Jerry Kill has won at every level of coaching. The athletic director also added that he is confident that he has chosen the right man for their Golden Gopher program. On the other hand, NIU director of athletics Jeff Compher said during the press conference that Jerry Kill will meet with the press at Minneapolis on Monday and after that he would leave Northern Illinois University. However, the media outlets have reported that the NIU players are disappointed as Jerry Kill leaving the team.
- Insight Bowl: Iowa Wins By One Point - Jan 01, 2010
- University Of Miami Hires Al Golden As Football Coach - Dec 13, 2010
- Maryland Terrapins' Coach Ralph Friedgen Forced To Resign? - Dec 19, 2010
- Live human heart grown in lab offers new hope to cardiac patients - Apr 04, 2011
- Tom Izzo Stays Put As Spartan Coach - Jun 16, 2010
- Leslie Frazier named Vikings' new head coach - Jan 04, 2011
- Randy Edsall - New Head Coach Of Maryland Terrapins - Jan 03, 2011
- One injured in Northern Illinois University shooting (Update) - Feb 19, 2010
- Leslie Frazier Hired As Interim Coach After Minnesota Vikings Terminate Brad Childress - Nov 23, 2010
- Urban Meyer Stepping Down As The Head Football Coach Of University Of Florida - Dec 09, 2010
- Barack Obama writes absence-note for a fifth-grader - Jun 05, 2012
- Capello brings England assistants to Russia - Jul 24, 2012
- Exercise helps in calming hostile bosses - Jan 25, 2012
- Tom Bradley Leaving Penn State For Pittsburgh? - Jan 06, 2011
- Penn state review of Jerry Sandusky case to be released on Thursday - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: athletic director, father and mother, former coach, gina gomez, gopher program, head coach, head football coach, lackluster performance, media outlets, media source, minnesota officials, motto in life, northern illinois university, right man, right time, sincerity, slew, tim brewster, university of minnesota, university officials