University Of Miami Terminates Randy Shannon As Head CoachNovember 28th, 2010 - 2:31 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 28, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The final decision to fire Miami Hurricanes head coach Randy Shannon, was taken yesterday by University of Miami athletic director Kirby Hocutt, through a written statement. The decision was reached after the team lost to South Florida with a score of 23-20 overtime, in the final game of the regular season.
Kirby Hocutt announced that they took the decision to seek new leadership for the football team as it now hopes to return to the top of the college football world. He also said that he will soon be conducting a nation wide search to induct a new coach for the team. Randy Shannon, who has been serving as a coach since 2006 and as the head coach since 2007, might be replaced by offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland. The other probable name could also be Jon Gruden. Considering the performance of all the previous coaches of Miami Hurricanes, Randy Shannon’s disposition as a coach may be counted as the worst. Howard Schnellenberger, who served Miami for four years, yielded 41-16. He was followed by Jimmy Johnson for five years, who gave the team 52-9. Dennis Erickson in his career of six years, gave Miami a whopping 63-9 score. Butch Davis, who was on probation, also performed well with a score of 51-20. Larry Coker, served the team for six years and got them 60-15, before he was fired to be replaced by Randy Shannon.
Randy Shannon’s success may be counted on the grounds of his career as a Miami football player and then later, as an assistant coach. In the last three decades, with five different coaches for the team, Randy Shannon’s conviction as a coach was the worst. However, it seems that Miami’s new coach is likely to be Jeff Stoutland as Jon Gruden is charging too much for his post, sources say.
- Jon Gruden, The New Coach Of Miami Hurricanes? - Nov 29, 2010
- University Of Miami Hires Al Golden As Football Coach - Dec 13, 2010
- ESPN drops Ron Jaworski from Monday Night Football booth - Feb 16, 2012
- South Florida Beats Miami Hurricanes In Overtime - Nov 28, 2010
- Wisconsin Badgers Wins Champs Sports Bowl - Dec 30, 2009
- Arizona State Sun Devils' Coach Speaks About Win - Sep 05, 2010
- Mike Haywood Hired As Head Coach Of Pittsburgh - Dec 16, 2010
- Chris Hayes Plays For Miami - Nov 01, 2009
- Randy Edsall - New Head Coach Of Maryland Terrapins - Jan 03, 2011
- Cameroon football coach Lavagne fired - Sep 14, 2012
- Somerset tame Warriors to enter CLT20 semis - Oct 05, 2011
- Wade Phillips Fired By Jery Jones - Nov 09, 2010
- Willie Martinez Along With Two Others Fired - Dec 03, 2009
- Mike Nolan Leaves Denver Broncos, May Join Miami Dolphins - Jan 19, 2010
- Gary Coleman Wanted To Remarry Ex-Wife - Jun 08, 2010
Tags: assistant coach, athletic director, butch davis, coach jeff, dennis erickson, final game, football world, head coach, howard schnellenberger, jeff stoutland, jimmy johnson, kirby hocutt, larry coker, last three decades, meena, miami football, miami hurricanes, offensive line coach, randy shannon, university of miami