University Of Miami Hires Al Golden As Football CoachDecember 13th, 2010 - 7:38 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Coral Gables, Dec 13, (THAINDIAN NEWS) After two weeks of uncertainty and extensive speculation, University of Miami has finally zeroed in on the head coach of its football team. The Miami Hurricanes have signed Al Golden as its football coach and he would be succeeding Randy Shannon who was terminated last month. The intrinsic details of the contract that has been negotiated between the former Temple University head coach and his new team has not been released to the media although it is being speculated that the total worth of the deal would not be less than $2 million per year.
A statement that was issued by Kirby Hocutt, the athletic director of the University of Miami read that while the team was contemplating hiring a new coach, new person that actually stood out from the rest was Al Golden. The Miami University athletic director also welcomed the 41-year-old coach while adding that he was the right person who could play a pivotal role in living up to the championship expectations of the team. Kirby Hocutt also hinted that the team took the decision to hire the former Temple University coach for his leadership and communication skills as well as his preparedness to stand above the rest.
Despite the fact that the University of Miami officials have already announced that Al Golden would be the team’s new head coach, he would be formally introduced as the coach of Miami Hurricanes in a press conference that is scheduled to take place later on Monday afternoon. Al Golden has accepted the position of the head coach of the University of Miami after being associated with the Temple University for five seasons.
- University Of Miami Terminates Randy Shannon As Head Coach - Nov 28, 2010
- Jon Gruden, The New Coach Of Miami Hurricanes? - Nov 29, 2010
- Dan Mullen To Replace Urban Meyer As Florida Gators Coach? - Dec 09, 2010
- University Of Minnesota Hires Jerry Kill As Their Head Football Coach - Dec 06, 2010
- Randy Edsall - New Head Coach Of Maryland Terrapins - Jan 03, 2011
- South Florida Beats Miami Hurricanes In Overtime - Nov 28, 2010
- Will Muschamp Conducts His First Press Conference As Head Coach - Dec 15, 2010
- Tom Bradley Leaving Penn State For Pittsburgh? - Jan 06, 2011
- Wisconsin Badgers Wins Champs Sports Bowl - Dec 30, 2009
- Will Muschamp Replaces Urban Meyer As Florida Head Coach - Dec 12, 2010
- Luke Fickell is the interim coach of the Ohio State University - May 30, 2011
- Jim Harbaugh To Dump Stanford? - Jan 04, 2011
- Urban Meyer Stepping Down As The Head Football Coach Of University Of Florida - Dec 09, 2010
- Mike Nolan Leaves Denver Broncos, May Join Miami Dolphins - Jan 19, 2010
- Maryland Terrapins' Coach Ralph Friedgen Forced To Resign? - Dec 19, 2010
Tags: athletic director, communication skills, coral gables, five seasons, football coach, football team, gina gomez, head coach, kirby hocutt, miami hurricanes, miami officials, miami university, monday afternoon, pivotal role, preparedness, randy shannon, speculation, temple university, university coach, university of miami