United finally accept Real’s offer for RonaldoJune 11th, 2009 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 11 (IANS) Premiership club Manchester United has finally accepted a whopping 130 million dollars bid for Cristiano Ronaldo from Spanish giants Real Madrid.
The deal for the 24-year-old Portuguese winger is all set to break the record deal of AC Milan’s Brazilian striker Kaka, who was also sold Real Madrid for 90 million dollars.
In a brief statement Thursday, United accepted that they have agreed to Real’s offer and hope to complete the deal by June 30.
“Manchester United have received a world-record, unconditional offer of 80 million pounds (130 million dollars) for Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid. At Cristiano’s request - who has again expressed his desire to leave - and after discussion with the player’s representatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player. Matters are expected to be concluded by June 30. The club will not comment until further notice,” the statement said.
After failing to poach Ronaldo from Old Trafford last summer, Real stunned United with their whopping offer. Ronaldo joined United from Sporting Lisbon in 2003 for 12.2 million pounds (20 million dollars).
United’s decision to accept the offer comes as a big surprise because last year both manager Alex Ferguson and club’s chief executive David Gill affirmed that they won’t sell Ronaldo at any cost.
But the player has done little to hide his desire for the Spanish giants towards the end of the seasons. Cracks in Ronaldo’s relationship with Ferguson was apparent when the player reacted strongly after being substituted against Manchester City at Old Trafford.
- Mourinho dreams to manage Rooney - May 29, 2010
- Man U to offer massive new contract to Rooney - Jan 24, 2010
- Man U lack 'Cristiano Ronaldo' factor: Ferguson - Apr 29, 2011
- Man U to get record 80 million pounds for Ronaldo from Real Madrid - Jun 11, 2009
- Ferguson backs Man U's 'collective unit' to overcome 'Ronaldo' factor - Apr 30, 2011
- Real Madrid preparing 50 million pound swoop for Rooney - Oct 18, 2010
- Ronaldo hints at Real Madrid exit - Apr 29, 2010
- Real Madrid to make 20 million pound bid for Vidic - Dec 30, 2009
- Sneijder ready to sign for Manchester United - Jul 12, 2011
- Man U's bemused Fergie tells shifty Roo to respect club and its traditions - Oct 20, 2010
- Real Madrid still hoping to snare Man U's Ronaldo - Jun 10, 2009
- 'I don't think Rooney would want to join me at Bernabeu,' says Ronaldo - Apr 18, 2010
- Ronaldo claims Ferguson understood his reasons for joining Real Madrid - Jun 23, 2009
- I could return to ManU: Cristiano Ronaldo - Feb 14, 2010
- Real Madrid bring in "super agent" Zahavi for Rooney swoop - Jan 23, 2010
Tags: 20 million dollars, ac milan, alex ferguson, chief executive, club manchester united, cracks, david gill, desire, further notice, giants, kaka, manager alex ferguson, manchester city, old trafford, premiership club, real madrid, ronaldo, sporting lisbon, winger, world record