Unfit Pakistan pacer Cheema ruled out of Windies tourApril 7th, 2011 - 6:15 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, April 7(ANI): Uncapped Pakistan pace bowler Aizaz Cheema has been ruled out of the upcoming West Indies tour owing to fitness problems.
Cheema, who is reportedly dogged by a thigh injury, had to undergo a fitness test just a day after he had been named in the 16-member squad for the limited-overs series against the Windies.
“He has been declared unfit for cricket activities by the board’s doctors and has been replaced by Sadaf Hussain,” Samaa TV quoted a Pakistan Cricket Board spokesman, as saying on Thursday.
Left-arm pacer Sadaf, 21, was the top wicket-taker in the recently concluded domestic season with 64 wickets, and has taken 90 wickets in just 18 first class games.
The Pakistan selectors have included four uncapped players in a bid to inject fresh talent in the team for the Carribean tour.
The squad includes five players yet to play for the senior team- wicketkeeper Mohammad Salman, batsman Usman Salahuddin, allrounder Hammad Azam and pacers Sadaf and Junaid Khan. (ANI)
- Talha eyes comeback to Pak team after successful domestic season - Apr 24, 2011
- Pak cricket team leaves for Caribbean tour - Apr 14, 2011
- Gul will return with bang in Pakistan's Test series against Windies: Intikhab - Apr 10, 2011
- Pak bowling, fielding has shown dramatic improvement in last 12-14 months: Waqar - Apr 15, 2011
- ODI series win against Windies first priority for Pakistan: Afridi - Apr 28, 2011
- Zaheer Abbas tips Pakistan to win ODI series against Windies 'emphatically' - Apr 22, 2011
- Windies tour golden opportunity for young Pak cricketers to prove their worth: Intikhab - Apr 19, 2011
- Pakistan drop Razzaq, Kamran from ODIs, T20 side - Apr 06, 2011
- Afridi delays departure for Windies tour due to "some personal work" - Apr 15, 2011
- Pakistan pick new faces for Zimbabwe tour - Jul 28, 2011
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- Kamran, Razzaq, Younus omitted from Pak squad for West Indies tour - Apr 06, 2011
- Pakistan recall Kamran Akmal, Razzaq for World T20 - Jul 12, 2012
- Pakistan selectors retain Shoaib Malik for Sri Lanka series - Oct 03, 2011
- Tanvir to lead Pakistan side against Afghanistan - May 18, 2011
Tags: allrounder, azam, batsman, carribean tour, class games, cricket activities, fitness test, hammad, hussain, junaid, member squad, pacer, pakistan cricket board, salahuddin, samaa, thigh injury, uncapped players, usman, wicket taker, wickets