UK’s Murray equals Henman’s career haul of 11 titlesApril 6th, 2009 - 2:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr.6 (ANI): Tennis star Andy Murray has equalled Tim Henman’s career haul of 11 titles.
The British No.1 crushed Novak Djokovic 6-2 7-5 to win the Sony Ericsson Masters Series crown in Miami.Murray has matched Henman’s 14-year career total at just 21 - by which age the former British star had not won a single tour title.
The Scot is closing in on Djokovic in the world rankings and could become Britain’s first-ever world No 3 at next week’s Monte Carlo tournament, reports The Sun.
The world No 4 was close to his best as he strolled through the first set with some breath-taking tennis. But in the second his touch deserted him and the Scot was forced to battle after going a break down before finally emerging victorious. (ANI)
- ATP confirms Brit tennis star Murray as World No.3 - May 04, 2009
- Djokovic, new king of tennis in 2011 - Dec 21, 2011
- US title takes Murray to World No 3 - Sep 11, 2012
- Murray hopes to bounce back following brief chat with Haye - Apr 07, 2011
- Murray will win Wimbledon this year, says doubles legend Fleming - Apr 07, 2009
- Rod Laver backs Murray to overcome Djokovic in Australian Open final - Jan 29, 2011
- Novak Djokovic Registers Second Australian Open Title, Beats Andy Murray - Jan 30, 2011
- Djokovic won't defend title at Serbian Open - Apr 26, 2012
- Djokovic wins Rogers Cup, eyes US Open - Aug 13, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Djokovic, Tsonga survive scare - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Federer plays Murray in repeat of Wimbledon final (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Murray takes gold for Britain at Wimbledon - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Djokovic says Federer is favourite for gold - Jul 27, 2012
- Federer backs Murray to win Oz Open 2011 - Jan 28, 2011
- Olympic tennis: Britain's Murray reaches semis - Aug 02, 2012