UFC 123: Mark Munoz And Aaron Simpson Fight It Out In Close ContestNovember 21st, 2010 - 9:27 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 21, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Filipino fighter Mark Munoz thrashed Aaron Simpson in the UFC 123 bout on Saturday with a unanimous decision from the judges. The dynamics between the two fighters were well known to the audience and the fans watching the fight but not many could have predicted that the fight would get so bloody.
After the fight, the confidence of the Filipino was evident when he said that he wanted to enforce his will and control the pace of the fight. He added that he fought in an aggressive manner and ensured that whenever his opponent (Aaron Simpson) would come forward, he would too. In spite of his speed and high-force punches and kicks, Aaron Simpson held on to his nerves and at one point it looked like the fight could go either way. The final judgment too indicated how close the contest was as it read 29-29,29-28 and 29-28.
During the course of the fight, both the fighters delivered blows below the belt which is illegal in the UFC. Though highly entertaining, the fight looked dangerous as in the second round the two fighters were seen fighting on the feet from a very close range and delivering some serious blows to each other. Mark Munoz said in the post fight interview that Aaron Simpson was a close friend and the two had talked about the fight a lot. He said that both of them knew that it was going to be a great fight. Experts felt that the two fighters were almost a carbon copy of each other but Mark Munoz got ahead due to his striking game and slightly higher stamina.
- Forrest Griffin Thrashes Rich Franklin In UFC 126 - Feb 06, 2011
- Jon Fitch Pulls Out A Victory Against Mike Pierce At UFC 107 - Dec 13, 2009
- Chris Leben Takes Out Aaron Simpson - Jun 20, 2010
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Defeats Lyoto Machida Via Split Decision - Nov 21, 2010
- Ultimate Fighter Finale 12 Main Card Highlights - Dec 05, 2010
- Leonard Garcia Beats Nam Phan Via Split Decision - Dec 05, 2010
- Yushin Okami Beats Nate Marquardt In UFC 122 - Nov 14, 2010
- Melvin Guillard Convincingly Defeats Evan Dunham At 'UFC: Fight For The Troops 2' - Jan 23, 2011
- Takanori Gomi Clinches Victory Against Tyson Griffin - Aug 02, 2010
- Frankie Edgar Vs BJ Penn: UFC 118 Bout - Aug 29, 2010
- UFC 124 Fight Yielded Exciting Results - Dec 12, 2010
- UFC 114 Fighters Receive Bonus - May 30, 2010
- Michael Bisping Wins Over Dan Miller - May 30, 2010
- Rampage Jackson Defeated By Rashad Evans - May 30, 2010
- UFC 122 Fight Results Announced - Nov 14, 2010