UConn Topples Michigan State Spartans By 70-67November 24th, 2010 - 5:29 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Nov 24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The fans of the UConn can now breathe a sigh of relief after the team defied the No.2 spot holder Michigan State Spartans in an adrenaline gushing match on Tuesday. It was undoubtedly a big day for the Connecticut Huskies who after a long hiatus seemed quite composed and balanced.
The Huskies beat the Michigan State Spartans, taking a lead of 70 - 67 at the Maui Invitational semifinal, in Lahaina, Hawaii. According to a source, present at the event, the game offered every inch of excitement, adding chill to the spine as the Michigan State Spartans gave a real tough competition to the Connecticut Huskies. The latter too, this time were hell bent in a do or die attempt to snatch away victory from the hands of the No. 2 spot holders. The Connecticut Huskies coach Jim Calhoun was seen telling that the boys had achieved an absolute tremendous victory. Huskies’ Kemba Walker, scored a good 30 points and managed to hit a key jumper when around 52 seconds were left. Nobody, had ever imagined that the Connecticut Huskies would emerge as the winners after they had missed five free throws at the final moment of 1:11. But they were lucky enough to survive Michigan State Spartans’ Draymond Green’s midcourt heave at the buzzer.
After the game, Michigan State Spartans coach Tom Izzo sounded extremely depressed as the coach revealed that some things just did not work out for them, for which they missed out the game. He was seen to admit that he was very disappointed with his team’s performance. The 2009- 2010 session had ended on a bitter note for the Connecticut Huskies, who now are rejoicing after a long time victory.
- Connecticut Huskies Thrashes Kentucky Wildcats, Kemba Walker Scores 29 Points - Nov 25, 2010
- No. 8 Syracuse Orange Outshines No.7 Michigan State Spartans In Jimmy V Classic - Dec 08, 2010
- Earthquake Hits Maui In The Middle Of Game - Nov 24, 2010
- Tom Izzo Stays Put As Spartan Coach - Jun 16, 2010
- Quarterback Denard Robinson Of Michigan Wolverines Football Team Outshines All Others - Sep 05, 2010
- Hawaii Rocked By 4.7 Magnitude Earthquake - Nov 25, 2010
- US women eye 5th straight Olympic basketball gold - Jul 09, 2012
- UConn's Win In Last Night's Football Match Leads Them To BCS Bowl - Dec 05, 2010
- NCAA Women's Basketball Bracket 2010 Revealed - Mar 16, 2010
- Michigan Vs Michigan State Game Ends In The Latter's Favor - Oct 10, 2010
- UConn Fans To Greet The Winning Team In Rallies - Apr 07, 2010
- Randy Edsall - New Head Coach Of Maryland Terrapins - Jan 03, 2011
- San Jose State Defeated By Top Ranked Alabama 48-3 - Sep 05, 2010
- Huskies Take Over Lady Bears - Nov 17, 2010
- BCS Bowl Schedule Has Been Finalized - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: adrenaline, buzzer, chill, coach jim calhoun, coach tom izzo, connecticut huskies, dey, draymond green, excitement, heave, hiatus, jim calhoun, jumper, kemba walker, lahaina hawaii, michigan state spartans, sigh of relief, spine, time victory, uconn