UAE football team qualifies for London OlympicsMarch 15th, 2012 - 12:51 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, March 14 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates (UAE) football team Wednesday made history when it qualified for the Olympic Games for the first time.
The UAE defeated Uzbekistan 3-2 in Uzbek capital Tashkent.
UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan congratulated the team, its coach and technical staff for qualifying for the London Olympics.
“We are confident that this feat will further motivate you to score more victories in the London Olympic competitions in summer. The victory is part of the victories being scored by our teams in different sports and competitions,” the president said.
- UAE president honours national Olympic football team - Mar 27, 2012
- UAE sends plane to Oman to bring home injured citizens - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE president fractures arm - Jan 10, 2011
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- UAE gives $38 mn to build Pakistan highway - Jan 15, 2012
- 36 UAE diplomats sworn in - Aug 04, 2012
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE to provide $136mn food aid for Yemen - Jun 04, 2012
- Abu Dhabi prince meets US defence secretary - Mar 16, 2012
- UAE leaders hold talks with foreign officials - Mar 14, 2012
- UAE president congratulates Putin - Mar 07, 2012
- UAE attorney general hails amnesty for 554 prisoners - Nov 28, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, coach, different sports, football team, khalifa bin zayed, london olympics, olympic competitions, olympic games, olympics, president sheikh khalifa, sheikh khalifa bin zayed, technical staff, uae president, united arab emirates, uzbek capital tashkent, uzbekistan, victory, vm, wam