Tyson wants one more fight, but against director of new documentary on himApril 18th, 2009 - 6:09 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr.18 (ANI): Former World Heavyweight Boxing Champion Mike Tyson wants one more fight, but not against his former heavyweight boxing contemporaries Evander Holyfield, or George Foreman, but against James Toback, the director of the new documentary, “Tyson,” which premiered last night in Los Angeles.
When FOX News asked the former champ who he might want to knock around for a few rounds, Tyson replied: “James Toback.”
“I don’t know. I’m not too interested in fighting no more. I don’t got the same desire … to strike somebody in anger that I once had. It’s just not the same,” Tyson was quoted, as saying.
The seemingly chastened star, whose life from the mean streets of Brooklyn to the top of the sporting and entertainment worlds, and back down again, is chronicled in Toback’s film, seemed unsure of his feelings in looking back.
“I think in life there are many regrets. But you can’t change the past, and I try not to allow it to chip at me and break me down. But … there is a tremendous amount of regret,” Tyson said.
Toback shed a little more light on why the former star still commands enough attention to warrant a feature-length documentary.
“He’s an iconic, graphic figure, probably the most fascinating figure in sports history in the last fifty years,” Toback told FOX News. (ANI)
- Mike Tyson becomes a vegan - Jul 29, 2010
- I'll retire if I don't get fights: Holyfield - Sep 12, 2012
- Mike Tyson gets back in the ring for his new TV show five years after retiring - Mar 15, 2011
- Iron Mike's heart not in boxing anymore, says Holyfield ruling out re-match - Sep 17, 2010
- Mike Tyson suggests kids to 'walk away' from bullies - May 10, 2010
- Mike Tyson turns vegetarian - May 13, 2010
- PETA protests pigeon racing outside Mike Tyson's home - Mar 09, 2011
- Evander Holyfield taught me how to punch, says Helen Mirren - Apr 06, 2011
- Holyfield says he's "going to be undisputed world heavyweight champ" - Apr 12, 2010
- Is Iron Mike making a come back? - Mar 11, 2010
- Ex-boxing champ Holyfield says Tyson cant fight even if wants to - Jan 26, 2009
- World champion Haye on mission to unify world heavyweight title belts - Feb 08, 2010
- 'Iron' Mike Tyson loses cool when reminded of rape during live TV show - Nov 04, 2009
- Mike Tyson a big hitter at 'conkers' - Nov 12, 2010
- I've found happiness with pigeons: Mike Tyson (Interview) (With Images) - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: anger, brooklyn, champ, contemporaries, entertainment worlds, evander holyfield, feature length documentary, feelings, few rounds, fox news, george foreman, heavyweight boxing champion, james toback, last fifty years, mean streets, mike tyson, regrets, sports history, world heavyweight boxing, world heavyweight boxing champion