Tyson admits getting drunk after every fightDecember 4th, 2010 - 1:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 4 (ANI): Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson has admitted that he binged on booze “after every fight”.
Tyson, who became the youngest champion in history when he won the World Boxing Council (WBC) title in 1986 at the age of just 20, was addicted to alcohol throughout his career in the ring.
He went on to become one of the most famous boxers on the planet, the Daily Express reports.
But his career achievements were later overshadowed by his controversial personal life, including his allegedly abusive marriage to actress Robin Givens and his jail stint for rape in the 1990s.
Tyson recently admitted to a raging drug habit, which he only kicked after the death of his daughter last year (09).
He told TV talk show host Larry King: “I’ve always been addicted. I wasn’t using drugs when I was boxing, when I started.
“But… I never considered alcohol is a drug, too. But I would get drunk after every fight. I said I’m off drugs 14 years but really I wasn’t. So that wasn’t really true. I was just lying to myself. I would get drunk after every fight, just blasted.” (ANI)
- Mike Tyson now wants to dance and sing - Sep 13, 2012
- 'I'm done with boxing', says Mike Tyson - Oct 28, 2010
- I've found happiness with pigeons: Mike Tyson (Interview) (With Images) - Jun 08, 2011
- Vegan Tyson denies using drugs on Democratic Senate candidate's yacht - Aug 18, 2010
- Ronnie Wood struggling to kick the butt - Aug 31, 2012
- Haye wins 'Battle of Britain' in style to retain WBA heavyweight title - Nov 14, 2010
- Jessica Simpson denies being drunk at Adele concert - Aug 17, 2011
- I'll retire if I don't get fights: Holyfield - Sep 12, 2012
- Trying to heal daughter's death: Tyson - Aug 14, 2009
- 10 yr-olds seek rehab for alcohol addiction in Australia - Feb 12, 2011
- Tobacco battle helped Gwyneth Paltrow play alcoholic in new movie - Dec 21, 2010
- Tyson asks Haye to fight Klitschko brothers to become best heavyweight boxer - Sep 02, 2010
- Mike Tyson opens up about death of his daughter - Mar 09, 2011
- Alcohol ruined Cooper's life - Sep 06, 2012
- I am broke: Mike Tyson - May 09, 2010
Tags: 1990s, abusive marriage, actress, alcohol, booze, boxers, career achievements, drug habit, former heavyweight champion, larry king, mike tyson, personal life, rape, robin givens, stint, talk show host, tv talk show, tv talk show host, wbc title, world boxing council