Two-shot lead for Aditi Ashok at Usha Delhi Ladies golfApril 18th, 2012 - 9:03 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, April 18 (IANS) Aditi Ashok continued to stay ahead of the field after the second round of the Usha Delhi Ladies and junior girls golf Championships at the Noida Golf Club Wednesday.
The 14-year-old Bangalore golfer, who is the reigning Usha All India ladies champion, shot 76 to total 148, which was two clear of the second placed Gurbani Singh (75).
Gursimar Badwal, despite giving away three shots in the last two holes, carded 76, and moved into the third place ahead of Anisha Padukone (80). Gursimar is at 154 and Anisha is at 155.
Aditi, who has been among the leading women amateurs despite her tender years, started the day with a three-shot advantage, and with a birdie on the par-5 first hole to extend her lead. But after that initial birdie, she failed to find any more birdies. Instead she dropped five bogeys to finish at 76.
Gurbani had the day’s best round of 75. Gurbani, who was third on the ladies IGU Order of Merit last season with three wins, had four birdies, but she also gave away two double bogeys besides three other bogeys in her 75.
Gursimar Badwal with one birdie on either side of the turn against three bogeys was just one over after 16 holes. But she double bogeyed the 17th and bogeyed the 18th to slip to 76. Still, with Anisha Padukone struggling to an eight-over 80, Gursimar moved up to third place.
In category A, Gurbani (75-75) led the field at 150, with Millie Saroha (78-78) second at 156 while in Category B, Aditi Ashok (72-76) was a comfortable leader at 148 and Ankita Kedalya (78-79) was second at 157.
In Category C, Arushi Pandey (88-78) was way ahead of the rest in second round and moved to top at 166 with overnight leader Akshita Singh (88-88) second at 176.
In Category D, Tanishka Kumar took over the lead with a round of 84 and she was seven shots ahead of Anika Varma (87-93) and Sifat Sagoo (90-90) who is at 180.
- Aditi grabs Usha Delhi Ladies golf title - Apr 19, 2012
- Aditi in lead in Usha Delhi Ladies golf - Apr 17, 2012
- Gurbani maintains lead in Usha DGC Ladies Open - Nov 23, 2011
- Vani edges out Gurbani to win Usha Northern India golf - Nov 17, 2011
- Vani takes first round lead at Usha Western India Ladies Open - Oct 11, 2011
- Mehar Atwal leads on a tough day in golf meet - Jun 18, 2012
- Aditi Ashok claims Usha Army Ladies golf title - Jun 20, 2012
- Amandeep takes first round lead in South India golf - Jun 12, 2012
- Gurbani Singh wins Bangalore golf meet - Jun 14, 2012
- Millie edges out Gurbani in play-off - Sep 20, 2012
- Mehar Atwal in lead at Usha southern India ladies golf - Sep 20, 2011
- Vani Kapoor leads in Usha Western India Ladies Golf - Oct 12, 2011
- Vani takes lead in Usha Northern India golf, Gurbani second - Nov 16, 2011
- Gurbani ahead after second round in Usha Southern India golf - Jun 13, 2012
- Aditi Ashok shares lead with Mehar Atwal in golf meet - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: aditi, anika, ankita, ashok, birdie, birdies, bogeys, category c, first hole, girls golf, golf championships, junior girls, ladies golf, leading women, noida, order of merit, shot advantage, tender years, three shots, usha