Two more Indians qualify for Commonwealth Boxing finalsMarch 16th, 2010 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 16 (IANS) Two more Indians Tuesday qualified for the finals of the Commonwealth Boxing Championships being held at the Talkatora Indoor Stadium here.
Amandeep defeated Malaysia’s Redzuan 7-1 in the semi-finals of the 49kg while Jai Bhagwan got a walkover in 60kg category after his English opponent Dany Phillips failed to turn up for the tie due to an upset stomach.
“It feels good to reach the finals and I will give my best tomorrow to earn medals for the country,” said Jai Bhagwan.
With Amandeep and Jai Bhagwa, six Indians are now in sight of golds in the finals that will be held here Wednesday. On Monday, Suranjoy Singh (52 kg), Vijender Singh (75 kg), Dinesh Kumar (81 kg) and Parmjeet Samota (91 kg) qualified for the title clash.
- Akhil, Vijender to lead charge in World Boxing Championship - Aug 18, 2011
- India sweep six gold medals in Commonwealth Boxing - Mar 17, 2010
- Four Indians in sight of gold in Commonwealth Boxing - Mar 15, 2010
- Vijender to spearhead India's CWG boxing challenge - Aug 31, 2010
- CWG boxing: Vijender knocked out; Suranjoy, Manoj, Paramjit in finals (Roundup) - Oct 12, 2010
- CWG Boxing: India win three gold (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2010
- Eight boxers to represent Indian at Asian Championships - Jul 21, 2011
- Asian Games boxing: Santhosh in semis, Amandeep out in quarters - Nov 22, 2010
- Indians boxers asked to switch to aggressive mode - Apr 02, 2012
- Asian Games boxing: Vijender and Suranjoy in semis; Amandeep in quarters - Nov 20, 2010
- CWG boxing: Amandeep, Jai, Dilbagh lose in semis, get bronze - Oct 11, 2010
- CWG schedule: Day Seven - Oct 09, 2010
- CWG boxing: Vijender knocked out; Suranjoy, Manoj in finals (Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- CWG schedule: Day eight of competitions - Oct 11, 2010
- National boxing: Suranjoy, Dilbagh in second round - Jul 11, 2010