Two Indian hockey officials to officiate in 2012 OlympicsDecember 28th, 2011 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 28 (IANS) Two Indian hockey officials R.V. Raghu Prasad and Claudius De Sales have been appointed by the International Hockey Federation (FIH) to officiate in the 2012 London Olympics.
Raghu Prasad will be officiating as an umpire and De Sales as a judge for the London Olympics.
Raghu Prasad, 33, from Bangalore will be one of the 17 elite umpires. He has officiated in two men’s Champions Trophies (2005, 2009), two Junior World Cups (2005, 2009), 2010 World Cup and the 2010 Asian Games.
“As a World development panel umpire, it has always been my dream to officiate in the hockey’s dream tournaments and this time my dream has come true,” Raghu said.
De Sales, 47, from Mumbai has been officiating in FIH tournaments for the past six years. He was also the judge during the 2010 World Cup here and has also acted as a technical officer for both the 2010 Commonwealth Games held in New Delhi and Asian Games at Guangzhou, China.
- Chandran is tournament doctor for Asian Games hockey - Nov 09, 2010
- World hockey looking at India as major hub for the sport - Feb 27, 2012
- Hockey India to send team for Azlan Shah cup: Apex court - Mar 11, 2011
- Asia to host hockey's five continents tournament - May 06, 2011
- HI charges IHF with sabotaging India's Olympic preparations - Oct 07, 2011
- Dwyer receives FIH 'Player of the year' award - Dec 10, 2011
- IHF rejects IOA's three-member panel - Aug 30, 2012
- FIH to continue recognising Hockey India - Nov 12, 2011
- India to host inaugural World Hockey League final - Feb 22, 2012
- Dywer, Aymar win international hockey awards - Nov 13, 2010
- We taught the world how to play hockey: Leslie Claudius (Lead, Interview) - Apr 14, 2012
- We taught the world how to play hockey: Leslie Claudius (Interview) - Apr 14, 2012
- FIH looks at India as a major hockey hub - May 11, 2011
- Shivendra case: No-one to speak up for India (Comment) - Mar 02, 2010
- Supreme Court allows Hockey India to send team for Asian Games - Oct 22, 2010
Tags: 2010 commonwealth games, 2012 london olympics, 2012 olympics, asian games, claudius, guangzhou china, hockey officials, indian hockey, international hockey federation, mumbai, New Delhi, olympics, prasad, raghu, six years, trophies, two men, umpire, world cup, world cups