Two Champions League matches shifted from Kolkata to BangaloreAugust 16th, 2011 - 9:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 16 (IANS) The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Tuesday shifted two Champions League matches slated for Oct 1 to Bangalore from Kolakata due to security concerns in the eastern metropolis during Durga Puja that starts Oct 2.
“There is a change in the match schedule of the Nokia CLT20, 2011. The Kolkata Police requested this change, in view of the Durga Puja celebrations in the city, which commence October 2. The two matches that were scheduled to be played in Kolkata on October 1, 2011, have been shifted to Bangalore,” the Indian cricket board said in a statement.
The tournament will be held in two phases. The qualifiers are Sep 19-21 while the final stage is from Sep 23 to Oct 8.
Four Indian cities will co-host the event. The qualifiers will be played at Hyderabad, the main tournament will be held at Kolkata, Bangalore and Chennai.
Champions Chennai Super Kings, runners-up Royal Challengers Bangalore and third-placed Mumbai Indians are the three Indians teams, which got a direct entry in the final round. Kolkata Knight Riders, who finished fourth in the IPL, will go through six-team qualifiers.
Meanwhile, the marketing committee of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) also finalised the tendering process for the Mobile and Internet Rights for the international and domestic series for the period from October 2011 to March 2014. The reserve price for the rights is set at Rs.3 crore per match for all forms of the game.
- Champions League T20 scheduled from Sep 23 - Jun 30, 2011
- Champions League T20 matches shifted to Hyderabad, Bangalore - Sep 20, 2011
- Pakistan's domestic T20 winners to play in Champions League: BCCI - May 12, 2012
- Final squads of 11 teams for Champions League named - Aug 22, 2011
- BCCI honours 15 veteran cricketers - May 24, 2012
- Super Kings to start IPL title defence against Mumbai Indians - Jan 06, 2012
- Champions League Twenty20 to feature 10 teams - May 24, 2010
- Champions League T20 to have 13 teams, qualifying stage - Jun 20, 2011
- South Africa set to host Champions League T20 - Jun 26, 2012
- IPL: Lucky Super Kings take on upbeat Mumbai Indians Wednesday - May 23, 2012
- Mumbai Indians to play in CLT20 opener - Jun 29, 2010
- Eden Gardens likely to host remaining three World Cup matches: ICC - Feb 08, 2011
- RCB knock out Redbacks in thriller to enter CLT20 semis - Oct 06, 2011
- Heavy rain washes out Somerset-Redbacks CLT20 tie - Oct 01, 2011
- Bengal cricket body lashes out at ICC, BCCI - Jan 27, 2011
Tags: challengers, champions league, chennai, crore, durga puja, durga puja celebrations, eastern metropolis, india bcci, indian cities, indian cricket board, indians, internet rights, ipl, knight riders, kolkata, marketing committee, runners, security concerns, team qualifiers, tendering process