TV series to capture Yuvraj Singh’s journey, victory over cancerSeptember 5th, 2012 - 9:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 5 (IANS) His highs, his lows, his struggles and his successful battle against cancer - cricketer Yuvraj Singh’s journey has been captured in a three-part series “Zindagi Abhi Baaki Hai” to be aired on national television. He says when he grows old, he will be able to recall what happened to his life
In “Zindagi Abhi Baaki Hai”, which will be aired on Colors, Yuvraj will narrate his experience with cancer.
The show reveals his story from the first moment of shock on finding out that he has a rare form of cancer earlier this year, to his absolute grit and determination as he emerged a winner.
“Each part of the (three-part) series has its own meaning. I have shot whatever I could. In that stage whatever I have gone through in the past six to seven months, it’s going to show the highs and lows,” Yuvraj told IANS.
Describing the clips that were shot during his battle with a rare germ cell cancer in the US, Yuvraj said: “We were just filming my moods - how I was feeling. When I grow old, I can actually see what happened to my life.”
All proceeds of the show will go to Yuvraj’s YOUWECAN Foundation, that works towards cancer awareness.
The show will also be simulcast on MTV India.
Raj Nayak, CEO, Colors, says Yuvraj’s success story needs to reach people.
“I’m personally a huge fan of Yuvraj. He is an inspiration for the youngsters. Many people want to hide if they have cancer as they feel it’s a sort of a taboo. Yuvraj is a national icon who went public about it. This story must be told, which is an inspiration and hope for everyone,” said Nayak.
The channel is yet to decide a date for showcasing the series.
- I only thought of saving my life: Yuvraj Singh - Sep 05, 2012
- Arjuna Award will be a great honour, says Yuvraj - Jul 07, 2012
- Biggest day since World Cup final: Yuvraj - Sep 08, 2012
- Yuvraj eyes return against Kiwis before T20 World Cup - Jul 07, 2012
- Don't know what the future holds: Yuvraj - Apr 11, 2012
- Pietersen pays Yuvraj a visit - Apr 12, 2012
- Lance Armstrong still remains my hero, says Yuvraj - Aug 29, 2012
- Yuvraj uncertain about future but determined to play again (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Dhoni happy with Yuvraj's return to international cricket - Sep 12, 2012
- Yuvraj returns home after winning battle against cancer (Roundup) - Apr 09, 2012
Tags: cancer awareness, cricketer, first moment, germ cell cancer, grit, highs and lows, inspiration, moods, mtv, mtv india, national icon, national television, nayak, proceeds, raj, seven months, success story, tv series, youngsters, yuvraj singh