Tunisia to showcase at ‘Africa Village’ in LondonJuly 28th, 2012 - 2:01 am ICT by IANS
London, July 28 (IANS) Along with 33 African countries, Tunisia will take part in the activities of the African Village at the Kensington Gardens in London.
The village will be open from July 27 to Aug 12 to enable the British public along with athletes and visitors to discover the customs and mores of African countries, reports Xinhua.
Tunisia’s stand, which covers 100 square metres is expected to attract some 30,000 visitors. The Tunisian participation to the village which is set under the motto “New Tunisia, Ancient Civilization”, will showcase the country’s ancient culture, as well as showing its diversity and modern-day dynamism.
Two concerts featuring Tunisian artists will be given and a restaurant will provide samples of traditional Tunisian cuisine.
- Festival in Berlin to mark Art of Living's 30 years - Jun 30, 2011
- Tunisian ex-president's trial postponed - Jul 22, 2011
- Egyptian uprising inspired by Tunisia's upheaval - Feb 12, 2011
- Africa to offer cultural bouquet in capital May 18-20 - May 13, 2010
- Mash, pie await you at Olympic food village - May 31, 2012
- Art of Living brings Indian culture carnival to Berlin (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- Africa to showcase its traditional performing arts in India (Lead) - May 13, 2010
- Suzhou: China's Venice of the East (Letter from China) - Oct 09, 2011
- Switzerland to help Tunisia recover Ben Ali's assets - Apr 19, 2011
- Tunisian council elections to be held July 24 - Mar 04, 2011
Tags: africa, african countries, ancient civilization, ancient culture, concerts, customs, diversity, dynamism, kensington gardens, london london, mores, motto, participation, showcase, square metres, tunisia, tunisian cuisine, xinhua