Tuffey willing to join Indian Cricket LeagueNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:17 am ICT by admin
“Nothing’s guaranteed with New Zealand Cricket, even the money you get playing domestic cricket back home. You’ve got to start looking after No. 1 at some point,” he added.
Expressing hope about playing for four-five more years, the 29-year-old bowler said, “Who knows what happens if I go to India, but if the chance (to play for New Zealand) arose again that would be great.”
“But I’m not putting all my eggs in one basket and hoping to play for New Zealand any more. I’ve had a great time playing international cricket but there’s other opportunities outside of cricket that I’m putting first at the moment,” Tuffey added.
He has not signed contracted with the New Zealand Cricket (NZC) and last week turned down a provincial deal with Auckland.
“Not signing with Auckland has just made me a free agent. I’m can play for match fees if Auckland choose to do that. It’s a bit more relaxed for me now… I’m pretty keen to come back and play for Auckland and see what happens from there, if I’m bowling well,” he said.
His team-mates Chris Cairns, Nathan Astle, Chris Harris and Hamish Marshall have already joined the ICL, and it is believed that Craig McMillan will hold talks with NZC chief executive Justin Vaughan over his potential involvement, the website reported. (ANI)
- Cash-strapped ICL ready to let New Zealand players go - Mar 29, 2009
- India flexes muscle for delayed start to Test series - Mar 17, 2009
- When Shane Bond swore at NZ Cricket boss over ICL ultimatum - Oct 27, 2010
- New Zealand Cricket to open arms to its ICL rebels - Jun 04, 2009
- Lou Vincent aims to play for New Zealand again - Dec 20, 2009
- Pacer Bond ready to turn out for Kiwis again - Jun 07, 2009
- David White appointed chief executive of New Zealand Cricket - Dec 06, 2011
- Kiwi fast bowler Bennett raring to tour Bangladesh - Sep 14, 2010
- Banned players may play for New Zealand again - Mar 29, 2009
- No-fear attitude finally pays off for James Franklin - Feb 09, 2011
- Chris wants to be involved in Kiwi cricket - Mar 27, 2012
- Bondy and Tuffey likely to get national contracts - Jun 08, 2009
- Shane Bond feels he was a victim of politics - Oct 27, 2010
- Southee, Tuffey to be called up for Wellington Test - Dec 02, 2009
- Time to play three spinners in New Zealand side: McMillan - Feb 18, 2011
Tags: auckland, chance to play, chris cairns, chris harris, craig mcmillan, cricinfo, cricket league, domestic cricket, dominion post, eggs in one basket, hamish marshall, indian cricket, international cricket, match, nathan astle, new zealand cricket, team mates