TT players to undergo camp under new coachMarch 23rd, 2008 - 10:35 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 23 (IANS) Top Indian paddlers will undergo a 30-day training camp at Patiala from Tuesday under the watchful eyes of newly-appointed foreign coach Aleksey Yefremov of Belarus. The camp is part of Table Tennis Federation of India’s (TTFI) 200 days’ round the year training-cum-competition programme for the 2010 Commonwealth Games. The camp will have 22 paddlers — 11 men and 11 women.
“The camp will have a mix of top players and the second line of players, who will take over from the seniors. It is important for us to groom the young players who will play in 2010 Games,” TTFI technical committee chairman Dhanraj Choudhary told IANS.
This will be the second camp under foreign coach Yefremov.
Neha Aggrawal, who qualified for the Olympics three weeks back, along with Mouma Das and Poulomi Ghatak, will be among the women to train in the camp.
Subhajit Saha, Soumyadeep Roy, Anirban Nandi, A. Amalraj, R Abhishek, will be among the men.
“All the top players will attend the Patiala camp except Sharath Kamal. He is in Spain playing at the club circuit there,” Choudhari said.
- Sanil, lone new face in table tennis squad for Asiad - Oct 21, 2010
- Promising paddlers get a chance to qualify for London Olympics - Mar 20, 2012
- Olympic-bound paddlers leave for exposure trip - Jun 06, 2012
- National TT: Sharath, Shamini start favourites - Jan 22, 2012
- Sharath Kamal to lead India's challenge, CWG squad announced - Aug 30, 2010
- Sharath to spearhead Indian challenge in World TT Championships - May 05, 2011
- National TT: Amalraj charged with unsporting behaviour after stunning Sharath - Jan 29, 2012
- Best paddlers did not make London cut: Chief TT coach - May 30, 2012
- Top stars to miss North Zone Table Tennis - Dec 18, 2010
- Indian contingent leaves for Asian TT Championships in Macau - Feb 21, 2012
- Reigning Commonwealth champions India to train in China - Jul 29, 2010
- TTFI to open national academy to produce world-class players - Dec 11, 2010
- PSPB paddlers likely to dominate - Aug 21, 2012
- London dreams of Indian paddlers shattered - May 12, 2012
- TT: Soumyajit, Ankita book London berth, heartbreak for Sharath - Apr 22, 2012
Tags: 2010 commonwealth games, abhishek, anirban, coach, committee chairman, ghatak, nandi, New Delhi, olympics, paddlers, patiala, saha, seniors, sharath kamal, soumyadeep roy, spain, table tennis federation, technical committee, training camp, watchful eyes