Tripura governor sponsors trip for young cricketersMarch 11th, 2010 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, March 11 (IANS) In a rare gesture, Tripura Governor Dnyandeo Yashwantrao Patil has sponsored a trip for ten budding cricketers to watch the Indian Premier League (IPL) matches in Mumbai starting Friday, officials said here Thursday.
“A 13-member team, comprising 10 under-19 promising young cricketers and three officials, has already left for Mumbai to watch the IPL matches,” a Raj Bhavan official told IANS.
The official said all expenditure of this team, including airfare, food and lodging, would be borne by authorities of the D.Y. Patil Stadium in Mumbai.
A recipient of Padma Shree award, renowned educationist Patil has founded several educational and health institutions besides sports stadia in Maharashtra.
“The governor took this initiative to encourage the potential cricketers,” the official added.
Patil, who became Tripura governor Nov 27 last year, has been taking one rupee as his monthly salary instead of Rs.110,000 that is the regular salary for governors.
- Tripura governor to see Olympics opening - Jul 24, 2012
- Tripura governor to take Re.1 salary - Dec 25, 2009
- D Y Patil takes oath as 12th Tripura governor - Nov 27, 2009
- D.Y. Patil takes oath as Tripura governor - Nov 27, 2009
- Quake fear grips Tripura Raj Bhavan - Apr 17, 2011
- New Governor of Tripura arrives today - Nov 26, 2009
- Tripura Left Front ministry to be expanded Sunday - Feb 10, 2012
- New governors named for Assam, Gujarat and Tripura - Nov 22, 2009
- New quake-proof Raj Bhavan for Tripura, old one to be Tagore museum (With Images) - May 08, 2012
- Pradip Kumar Sarkar appointed Tripura Lokayukta - Dec 13, 2011
- Tripura journalists protest police baton assault - Jul 19, 2011
- President to meet, congratulate Indian cricket team - Apr 03, 2011
- Minister reinducted in Tripura amidst controversy - Feb 12, 2012
- Mario, Dharmendra, Shabana conferred Padma awards - Apr 04, 2012
- US not to improve ties with China at India's cost: Envoy - Oct 25, 2011