Tremlett doubtful for second Test against IndiaJuly 28th, 2011 - 5:19 pm ICT by IANS
Nottingham, July 28 (IANS) England paceman Chris Tremlett may miss the second Test against India starting Friday here at Trent Bridge.
The 6-foot 8-inch tall pacer Wednesday skipped the training owing to a tight hamstring and is a doubtful starter.
The team management tried to forestall suggestions that he may be a doubtful for Friday Test, saying Tremlett was “managing his workload”.
Tremlett also has a stiff back after his exertions in the dramatic 196-run first Test victory at Lord’s where he took four wickets. He had not looked comfortable during the fourth and fifth day’s play and left the field regularly.
Tremlett, though, has been named in an unchanged 12-man squad for the second Test and captain Andrew Strauss Tuesday said his new-ball bowler will play at Nottingham.
“He seems fine,” said the England captain. “He has a little niggle but I think he should be fine.”
If he is not fit, England have the perfect replacement in Tim Bresnan, and have resisted the temptation to call up Steve Finn as cover.
- Tremlett has a niggle, but expected to play second Test - Jul 26, 2011
- India can draw inspiration from Nottingham win four years ago (Preview) - Jul 28, 2011
- Tremlett to miss Edgbaston Test - Aug 09, 2011
- India will come back harder, says Strauss - Jul 28, 2011
- India to bowl against England; Zaheer, Gambhir sit out - Jul 29, 2011
- Zaheer ruled out of second Test; Gambhir doubtful - Jul 28, 2011
- We are very optimistic, Anderson is fit to play: Strauss - Aug 17, 2011
- Broad retains his place, Bresnan recalled in England squad - Jul 17, 2011
- England announce unchanged squad for Oval Test - Aug 14, 2011
- England retain same side for Trent Bridge Test - May 23, 2012
- Anderson should be fit for Oval Test, hopes Swann - Aug 16, 2011
- Will be very disappointed if not picked for third Test: Bresnan - Aug 03, 2011
- Ravi Bopara replaces injured Trott in third Test - Aug 06, 2011
- Surrey seamer Dernbach included in England performance squad - Mar 30, 2011
- 'Injured England players coming along in time for World Cup', says Bell - Feb 16, 2011
Tags: andrew strauss, bresnan, chris tremlett, doubtful starter, england captain, exertions, fifth day, first test, four wickets, man squad, nottingham, paceman, pacer, second test, steve finn, stiff back, team management, temptation, test victory, trent bridge