Tottenham Spurs join in the bidding race for Argentine TevezMay 11th, 2009 - 2:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 11 (ANI): Tottenham Hotspurs are fighting Manchester City, Chelsea and Real Madrid to land Argentine forward Carlos Tevez.The Argentinian striker believes his time is up at Manchester United but wishes to stay in the Premier League.
Sources close to Tevez have told SunSport that Spurs boss Harry Redknapp loves the player so much he will try to buy him from his owners for around 25 million pounds.Wheeler-dealer Redknapp is planning a major clear out at White Hart Lane in a bid to raise substantial funds for new players.
He wants to get rid of Russian striker Roman Pavlyuchenko, England attacker Darren Bent and midfielder David Bentley - and will also consider offers for others.Redknapp can guarantee Tevez first-team football and is convinced the popular striker would be a major hit in North London.
He reckons Tevez could take Spurs to the next level and give them a chance of competing for Champions League places. (ANI)
- Tottenham's 'record' 25 million pound bid for Carroll - Jan 29, 2011
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Villas-Boas appointed Tottenham manager - Jul 03, 2012
- Beckham likely to join Tottenham Hotspur on three-month deal - Jan 02, 2011
- Tottenham striker runs out of patience with Redknapp after life on bench - Feb 07, 2011
- Miracle if Man U finish Premier League season unbeaten: Redknapp - Jan 17, 2011
- Spurs' Bale likely to be out for three weeks - Mar 02, 2012
- Arsenal won't end trophy drought this season: Redknapp - Apr 21, 2011
- Redknapp is Fergie's choice for England manager after Capello - Jan 16, 2011
- Crushing Czechs was easy: Pavlyuchenko - Jun 09, 2012
- Defoe extends contract with Tottenham till 2015 - Aug 31, 2012
- Damiao poised for Tottenham move - May 23, 2012
- Tottenham Hotspur still has chances of signing Beckham: Redknapp - Jan 10, 2011
- Tevez back to playing for Man City - Feb 29, 2012
- Russia feared at Euro 2012: Pavlyuchenko - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: attacker, champions league, chelsea, david bentley, harry redknapp, league sources, manchester city, manchester united, midfielder, next level, north london, premier league, real madrid, russian striker, substantial funds, team football, tevez, tottenham hotspurs, wheeler dealer, white hart lane