Tottenham slaps 50 million pound price-tag on Modric to ward of potential suitorsMarch 6th, 2011 - 4:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 6(ANI): Tottenham Hotspurs have slapped a whopping 50 million pound price-tag on midfielder Luka Modric to fend off growing interest from Europe’s top clubs.
According to The Daily Star, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man United and Chelsea are all chasing the 25-year-old Croatian.
However, Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has told Chairman Daniel Levy that Modric is irreplaceable, and vital to the club’s dream of becoming a regular part of Europe’s elite.
“Both manager and chairman are hell-bent on keeping Luka at White Hart Lane. It would take at least 50 million pounds to tempt them to sell this summer,” a Tottenham source said.
Modric, who joined Tottenham from Dinamo Zagreb in 2008, is contracted until 2014. (ANI)
- Croatia dark horses of Euro 2012 - Jun 03, 2012
- Modric is Man U's prime summer target - Jan 22, 2012
- Kranjcar to leave Spurs for Dynamo Kiev - Jun 06, 2012
- Spurs must not put Bale up for sale: Redknapp - Apr 05, 2011
- Manchester United set for 25 million pound swoop for Croat ace Modric - Apr 29, 2010
- Modric thanks Spurs for Real Madrid chance - Aug 30, 2012
- Real Madrid confirms Modric signing - Aug 27, 2012
- Tottenham Hotspur still has chances of signing Beckham: Redknapp - Jan 10, 2011
- I'm no Xavi yet: Modric - Jun 18, 2012
- Villas-Boas appointed Tottenham manager - Jul 03, 2012
- Spurs' Bale likely to be out for three weeks - Mar 02, 2012
- Redknapp signs for Spurs, seeks Joe Cole to join club - Jul 14, 2010
- Chelsea ready to bid 40 m pound for Tottenham's Bale - Apr 26, 2011
- Essien late arrival but little cash spent in Spain - Sep 01, 2012
- Tottenham eyes bid for Brazil midfielder Ganso - Sep 09, 2012
Tags: 50 million pounds, chelsea, croatian, daily star, daniel levy, elite, europe, harry redknapp, hell, london, luka modric, man united, price tag, real madrid barcelona, suitors, top clubs, tottenham hotspurs, white hart lane, zagreb