Tottenham Hotspur still has chances of signing Beckham: RedknappJanuary 10th, 2011 - 1:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 10(ANI): England midfielder David Beckham’s on-off three-month loan move to Tottenham Hotspur is back on again, according to manager Harry Redknapp.
When Redknapp arrived at White Hart Lane on Sunday, he had virtually given up all hope of signing Beckham when he revealed: “It’s 99 per cent that he won’t be joining us.”
However, after a brief chat with chairman Daniel Levy ahead of the FA Cup third-round mach against Charlton Athletic, Redknapp said: “It’s being done above my head. Hopefully, it could still happen. The situation is ongoing.”
One of the obstacles for Tottenham Hotspur is believed to be Beckham’s signing amount.
However, Redknapp said: “That’s what I was led to believe, but apparently that’s not the case.”
According to the Sun, Beckham will have a medical test today at Tottenham Hotspur’s training ground, and will take part in a proper training session from Tuesday.
If the deal between Beckham and Tottenham Hotspur goes through, it would be the first time that the 35-year-old will be playing for an English club since he left Manchester United to join Real Madrid in 2003.
Beckham, who had spent the last two Major League Soccer (MLS) close seasons on loan at AC Milan, had earlier confirmed that his move to the Italian club would not happen again. (ANI)
- Beckham won't be playing against Man U - Jan 12, 2011
- Beckham likely to join Tottenham Hotspur on three-month deal - Jan 02, 2011
- 'Frustrated' Redkanpp all but gives up hope of signing Beckham for Tottenham stint - Jan 15, 2011
- Beckham branded a 'selfish pig' by Los Angeles Galaxy fan - Jan 03, 2011
- Redknapp wants to sign Beckham on three-month deal - Jan 01, 2011
- Beckham likely to make his Spurs debut against Man U - Jan 08, 2011
- Beckham ready to take pay cut for playing in Premier League - Jan 11, 2011
- Defoe extends contract with Tottenham till 2015 - Aug 31, 2012
- FA denies Redknapp, Beckham 'dream team' replacing Capello - Jan 07, 2011
- Beckham extends training stay at Tottenham Hotspur - Feb 09, 2011
- Beckhham not a marketing tool, can buy any club he wants: Redknapp - Jan 03, 2011
- "Radar-legged" Beckham playing 'key role' at Tottenham: Redknapp - Feb 04, 2011
- Villas-Boas appointed Tottenham manager - Jul 03, 2012
- Tottenham striker runs out of patience with Redknapp after life on bench - Feb 07, 2011
- Arsenal won't end trophy drought this season: Redknapp - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: ac milan, charlton athletic, daniel levy, david beckham, england, fa cup, harry redknapp, italian club, london jan, mach, major league soccer, manchester united, medical test, midfielder david beckham, obstacles, real madrid, sun, tottenham hotspur, training session, white hart lane