‘Tottenham has lost credibility in bid to gain Olympics stadium’January 24th, 2011 - 6:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 24 (ANI): West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady has branded Tottenham’s bid to move into the 2012 Olympic Stadium as ’spur of the moment money making’ exercise.
Tottenham is vying with fellow Premier League club West Ham United to take over the 500 million pound stadium after the Olympic Games.
West Ham plans to maintain an athletics legacy whereas Tottenham is not in favour of it.
The Olympic Park Legacy Company (OPLC) is evaluating both bids and is expected to make its recommendation on Friday, after which the Government and mayor of London will have the final say on the future of the site.
She told Spurs boss Harry Redknapp: “You’ve blown your club’s credibility.”
She also said why her club must win their bitter battle with Tottenham to move into the stadium after the 2012 London games, The Sun reports.
On Friday, Redknapp claimed the Olympic Stadium would become a graveyard if West Ham win the bid.
But Brady has hit back, saying: “Harry Redknapp was told to do his best to scaremonger.
“But, for my mind, his words ended up being a form of Harry-kiri that sounded the death knell on any credibility Tottenham had to getting support. Theirs is a Spur of the moment money-making bid.” (ANI)
- Coe backs West Ham's bid to retain 2012 Olympics stadium - Jan 24, 2011
- West Ham United tipped to beat Tottenham Hotspur in London Olympic Stadium bid - Feb 10, 2011
- Tottenham Hotspur unlikely to give up 2012 Olympic Stadium claim without a fight - Mar 31, 2011
- West Ham eyes Olympic Stadium - Mar 23, 2012
- West Ham beat Tottenham for Olympic Stadium takeover bid - Feb 12, 2011
- Committee deciding on Olympic Stadium bid says it needs more time - Jan 25, 2011
- Spurs say taking on Beckham not a front for move into Olympic stadium - Jan 13, 2011
- Spurs show interest in Olympic stadium - Oct 01, 2010
- Rowling the best role model for working women - May 16, 2011
- Defoe extends contract with Tottenham till 2015 - Aug 31, 2012
- Spurs must not put Bale up for sale: Redknapp - Apr 05, 2011
- Pele not in support of West Ham's 2012 Olympic Stadium bid - Jan 22, 2011
- Chelsea Vs Totteham: Harry fumes over 'costly' decisions - May 01, 2011
- Lampard backs uncle Redknapp to be England's next boss - Nov 06, 2010
- Tottenham's 'record' 25 million pound bid for Carroll - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: bitter battle, death knell, graveyard, harry redknapp, jan 24, karren brady, kiri, legacy company, london games, london jan, mayor of london, olympic games, olympic park, olympic stadium, olympics stadium, premier league, spur of the moment, sun reports, vice chairman, west ham united