Tottenham eyes bid for Brazil midfielder Ganso

September 9th, 2012 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS  

Rio de Janeiro, Sep 9 (IANS) Tottenham Hotspur is reportedly preparing a $13-million bid for Brazil international midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso.

The English Premier League club sees the 22-year-old as a possible replacement for Croatia playmaker Luka Modric, who was sold to Real Madrid last month, reports Xinhua.

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas hopes to secure Ganso in the January transfer window after having failed in his summer bid to sign Willian from Shakhtar Donetsk and Porto’s Joao Moutinho.

The offer would just be enough to cover Santos’ 45 percent stake in Ganso’s economic rights. The remaining 55 percent would remain the property of investment group DIS.

Villas-Boas is understood to have been impressed by Ganso during a scouting visit to Brazil in May in preparation for his next coaching role.

Ganso, who has won eight international caps for Brazil, has reportedly told Santos he wants to leave the club after a disagreement over the terms of a new contract.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Sports |

Subscribe