Torres warns Fabregas over proposed move to BarcelonaMarch 29th, 2011 - 4:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 29(ANI): Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has told Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas to prepare himself for a backlash if he moves to Barcelona.
“Everyone has their own story, but from what I’ve read Cesc is grateful to [Arsene] Wenger and Arsenal. But if you leave, you have to get wet. In the end, when you leave, you’re alone. Football is very hypocritical in this regard,” the Daily Mail quoted Torres, as saying.
Torres, however, insists that the 23-year-old should not let the fact he is idolized at the Emirates stand in his way of a move to the Nou Camp.
“You have to give yourself the chance to make the step,” the 27-year-old said.
Earlier, Barcelona President Sandro Rosell had said that the football club is prepared to offer 45 million pounds for Fabregas.
Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola is a confirmed admirer of the midfielder. (ANI)
- Gunners, Barca in bitter bust up over footie wonderkid Toral - Feb 22, 2011
- Mourinho to personally convince Fabregas to join Real Madrid - Dec 31, 2010
- Barcelona prepared for 45 million pound bid for Fabregas - Mar 29, 2011
- Allow me to join Barcelona, Fabregas tells Wenger - Jul 18, 2011
- Barcelona stunned over Guardiola's brother helping Arsenal sign wonder kid - Feb 23, 2011
- Guardiola quits Barca, deputy Tito to take over (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Kroenke in fight to keep Cesc - Apr 15, 2011
- Chelsea now eyeing 50 million pound swoop for Fabregas - Feb 08, 2011
- Wenger says gamble on Arshavin paid off in amazing style in historic defeat of Barca - Feb 17, 2011
- Former Arsenal player asks Fabregas not to repeat his mistake of Braca move - May 25, 2010
- Wenger wins tussle over Fabregas with Barcelona - Jul 18, 2010
- Arsenal ready to sell skipper Fabregas for 35-mn pounds - Apr 27, 2011
- Debt ridden Barca loses hope of snaring Fabregas - Nov 18, 2010
- Fabregas will join Barcelona, predicts Messi - Feb 20, 2011
- Arsenal will not allow skipper Fabregas to go: Wenger - Jul 18, 2010