Torres says he’s committed to spearheading Liverpool’s revival

July 29th, 2010 - 6:56 pm ICT by ANI  

Fernando Torres London, July 29 (ANI): Spanish striker Fernando Torres has told Liverpool that he will shun the prospect of lucrative moves away from Anfield and is committed to spearheading the club’s revival.

“Torres has told us he is looking forward to playing for Liverpool next season,” the Daily Express quoted Hodgson, as saying.

He was speaking as the side flys out to Macedonia today for the first competitive game in charge against FK Rabotnicki in the Europa League qualifier tomorrow.

Hodgson and Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow flew out to Spain last week to try to convince Torres that his future remains on Merseyside.

Hodgson said: “As far as I know he is looking forward to coming back here on Monday. He is enjoying a holiday - a well-deserved break as he has not had one for three years - spending a lot of time with his family and keeping a low profile.” (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Sports |

Subscribe