Torres relieved after ending three-month goal droughtApril 24th, 2011 - 5:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 24(ANI): Fernando Torres believes he has relieved the pressure that had built on him at Chelsea after ending his three-month goal drought.
Torres scored in Chelsea’s Premier League game against West Ham United at Stamford Bridge on Saturday- his first goal since the 50 million pounds move from Liverpool.
“It was not the beginning I was expecting when I signed, but it’s not easy to go in January or February. I kept working and it’s thanks to all my team-mates that I scored,” the Sun quoted Torres, as saying.
“There’s less pressure for me now, now I can enjoy it,” he added.
The striker dedicated his goal to the Chelsea supporters who stuck by him during his lean spell.
“The fans have been very patient with me. I had more and more anxiety for them than for me. Hopefully this is the first of many,” he added. (ANI)
- Ancelotti says Torres will have 'fantastic future' at Chelsea - Apr 24, 2011
- Torres ready to end goal drought against Manchester City - Mar 20, 2011
- Torres dedicates his historic strike to Chelsea fans - Apr 25, 2011
- Chelsea's midfielders are old and slow: Torres - Sep 10, 2011
- Chelsea eye Torres swap deal - Feb 17, 2012
- Chelsea pays record-breaking fee for Liverpool's Torres - Feb 01, 2011
- Not losing sleep over Chelsea goal drought: Torres - Mar 23, 2011
- Torres doesn't have to score to prove his worth: Ancelotti - Mar 03, 2011
- Liverpool, Chelsea under FA scanner for object thrown at Torres - Feb 08, 2011
- Had to leave Liverpool after everything started to look 'black': Torres - Feb 09, 2011
- Man City heading for Champions League - Apr 26, 2011
- Torres says will reward Abramovich with goals for Chelsea selection - Feb 14, 2011
- Flop Torres cost Chelsea 75K pounds a minute - Apr 14, 2011
- Torres dropped by Del Bosque for friendly - Feb 24, 2012
- Chelsea reach Champions League quarters after thrilling win - Mar 15, 2012