Topless women stage protest in London over Olympic body’s rulesAugust 3rd, 2012 - 7:54 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Police in central London have arrested four topless women for carrying out a protest. The four topless accused the Olympic governing body of having supported Islamic regimes.
The police were called in to break up the protest after the indecent display of the four Ukrainian women. The women alleged that the Olympic governing body had supported bloody Islamic regimes hence the reasons as to why they were protesting. Some of the women had slogans written on their chest such as “no sharia”.
The four women belong to a group based in Kiev Ukraine known as femen. The organization based in Kiev has gained immense popularity for staging topless protests against sexism, sex tourists, and international marriage agencies, national and international ills. The groups goals and objectives include developing and moral qualities, leadership and to build up the image of Ukraine as a country with great opportunities for women.
The group stated on its Facebook page that a number of its French members had been arrested. It alleged that if the international Olympic committee continued to flirt with radical Islam speed raping and stoning would be added to the Olympic disciplines. The four women who were arrested under the public order act are currently in custody. The group based in Kiev Ukraine continues to speak out and holding protests against injustices committed against women.
- Women detained for topless protest in Ukraine - Sep 27, 2011
- Ukraine protesters face jail for insulting Indian flag (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- Cross-chopping topless activist flees Ukraine - Sep 06, 2012
- 'Topless' Ukrainian feminists protest Kiwi 'Win a Wife' event - Mar 06, 2011
- Topless protest at Euro 2012 trophy display - May 13, 2012
- Topless protester cuts down Cross in Ukraine - Aug 17, 2012
- Ukrainian girls may be jailed for insulting Indian flag - Feb 18, 2012
- Femen group indulges in topless protest - Jan 30, 2012
- Putin to win polls in first round: Exit poll - Mar 05, 2012
- Ukraine to host Euro 2012 despite boycott threats: President - May 15, 2012
- Euro 2012: Ukraine could miss Shevchenko against England - Jun 18, 2012
- Ukraine ex-PM gets 7-year jail for abuse of office - Oct 11, 2011
- UEFA pleased with Euro 2012 preparations, says Ukraine - Nov 22, 2011
- Ukraine's coach Blokhin names Euro 2012 squad - May 30, 2012
- Russian opposition activist seek asylum in Ukraine - Aug 14, 2012
Tags: central london, four women, french members, goals and objectives, governing body, ills, immense popularity, indecent display, injustices, international marriage agencies, international olympic committee, kiev ukraine, moral qualities, olympic disciplines, radical islam, sex tourists, sharia, stage protest, topless women, ukrainian women