Top players for Crompton Greaves golf from Mon 25November 24th, 2009 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 24 (IANS) The Crompton Greaves Golf Open 2009, which boasts a prize money of Rs.8 million, will be staged at the Willingdon Sports Club, here from November 25-28.
The Pro-Am event will be played on November 29.
The star-studded field of the Aircel-Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI) event will feature some of India’s top professionals, including C. Muniyappa (reigning Indian Open champion), Anirban Lahiri (current leader on the Aircel-PGTI Order of Merit), Himmat Singh Rai, Gaurav Ghei, SSP Chowrasia, Mukesh Kumar, Shamim Khan, Harendra Gupta, Vijay Kumar, Mohd. Siddikur Rahman, Rahul Ganapathy, Arjun Singh, Harmeet Kahlon, Digvijay Singh, Rahil Gangjee, Gurki Shergill and Vishal Singh.
Founded in 1917, The Willingdon Sports Club is home to a small but very picturesque course. The Willingdon, though an extremely short course, offers a pleasant golfing experience. It has narrow fairways and large trees. The greens are surrounded by bunkers. There are two par-5s on the course and as many as 10 par-3s.
Pradip Patel, Captain, the Willingdon Sports Club, said: “We expect to witness a fascinating week of golf as the course is in great condition and the stakes are very high.”
Padamjit Sandhu, Director, PGTI, said: “We are happy to be back for the second edition of the Crompton Greaves Open. With Rs. 8 million on offer as prize money, the tournament is bound to witness intense competition. This is also the last week to qualify for the 2009 PGTI Tour Championship in December, and a strong finish at the Crompton Greaves Open will help Order of Merit players get closer to the Rolex Player of the Year Award.”
- Top pros for Willingdon golf - Nov 10, 2009
- Top stars for Panchkula golf - Mar 03, 2010
- New season tees off at Dhaka - Jan 23, 2010
- Aircel-PGTI Players Championship at Tollygunge Club - Jan 30, 2010
- Chandigarh to hosts Players Championship golf - Sep 08, 2009
- Mukesh, Muniyappa share lead at Crompton Greaves golf - Nov 27, 2009
- Top Indian golfers gear up for ONGC Masters - Nov 17, 2009
- Randhawa to play in DLF Masters - Sep 16, 2009
- Strong Indian line-up for DLF Masters Golf - Sep 15, 2010
- Avantha Masters to highlight PGTI Tour, Feeder Tour also introduced - Jan 04, 2010
- Aussie-Indian Bhasin makes the grade at Asian Tour Q-School - Jan 17, 2010
- Shane emerges sole leader at Crompton Greaves Open - Nov 26, 2009
- Top stars for Global Green golf - Aug 31, 2009
- Bhasin lifts Crompton Greaves Open 2009 title - Nov 29, 2009
- Muniyappa in lead at Crompton Greaves Open - Nov 25, 2009
Tags: arjun singh, digvijay singh, ganapathy, gaurav, ghei, harmeet, kahlon, mukesh kumar, narrow fairways, open champion, order of merit, picturesque course, pradip patel, professional golf tour, rahil gangjee, rs 8, shamim, vijay kumar, vishal singh, willingdon