Top designers showcase their signature collection in New DelhiSeptember 13th, 2008 - 6:41 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , Sept 13 (ANI): Top Indian designers showcased their signature collection at a fashion show in New Delhi on Friday.
The show formed the part of second edition of the Chivas Fashion Tour 2008.
As a part of this tour 15 prominent Indian designers will travel to five different cities to showcase their creations.
The 15 designers who will feature on the tour are Anamika Khanna, Ashish Soni, Ayesha Depala, Cue by Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Khanna, Deepika Govind, Kiran Uttam Ghosh, Mandira Wirk, Malini Ramani, Raghavendra Rathore, Rocky S, Rohit Bal, Shantanu and Nikhil, Varun Bahl, Vikram Phadnis and Wendell Rodricks.
Country’’s top models like Pia Trivedi, Candie Pinto and Bhawna Sharma set the ramp on fire donning sheer black outfit form.
Goa based designer Wendell Rodricks whose clothes reflect the true essence of Goa said that the designers participating in this tour would present their pret line rather that couture.
During the fashion week there is a lot of stress and tension. In Chivas Fashion Tour we have to satisfy not just the media but also the public. There are a lot of common people and also hi-end people who come to see these shows, so we have to show more real clothes, no one will show a garment that is highly creative and not wearable, said Rodricks.
On the other hand, designer Rohit Bal said that this tour was a great get together for the designer fraternity.
It is a great opportunity for every one to have fun and a great way to showcase fashion all over the country and everyone is getting together, said Bal.
Chivas Fashion Tour 2008 will culminate with a grand finale, which will be held in Dubai on November 22. (ANI)
- Sushmita, Sameera walk down ramp at Mumbai's BPFT show - Sep 06, 2010
- Anushka, Arjun walk ramp in New Delhi - Aug 22, 2010
- Men's week high on fashion, low on glamour (Review) - Aug 30, 2010
- TV doesn't have many fashion-based shows: Shantanu - May 31, 2012
- Chivas Fashion Tour to celebrate style and oomph - Sep 13, 2008
- Diminish boundaries, generate business: Men's fashion week's motto - Aug 26, 2010
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- Rohit Bal to showcase at Men's week finale - Aug 12, 2010
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- Dabangg girl Sonakshi Sinha trips off ramp at Bangalore's fashion show - Sep 27, 2010
- Sonakshi walks ramp for J.J. Valaya at LFW - Mar 06, 2012
- Goa needs special status to retain its identity: Wendell Rodricks - Nov 02, 2011
- LFW Winter/Festive 2011 all about business (Curtain raiser) - Aug 15, 2011
- 17 designers to showcase couture at men's fashion week - Aug 07, 2010
- Goa tourism gives up hope on Wendell Rodricks' designs - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: chivas, deepika, fashion show, fashion tour, fashion week, grand finale, indian designers, kiran uttam ghosh, malini ramani, mandira wirk, raghavendra rathore, rahul khanna, rohit bal, shantanu, signature collection, top models, uttam, varun bahl, vikram phadnis, wendell rodricks