Tim Tebow Anti Abortion Ad In Super Bowl 2010February 4th, 2010 - 8:59 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Feb 4, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Super Bowl game, which determines the best National Football League team is one of the most hyped events of the year. Though the game forms the major attraction of this year, there are some other factors too, which draws the interest of people. Every year some of the commercials for Super Bowl attracts the attention of people and this year is no exception. As per the reports, the anti-abortion advertisement featuring Tim Tebow and his mother has drawn the limelight of Super Bowl 2010.
The anti-abortion commercial, which has raised huge controversies among the people has been funded by one of the fundamentalist Christian groups of the country and is known to be the first “issue ad” that would be aired during this sports event. It has been reported that the advertisement narrates that Tim Tebow’s mother had not terminated her pregnancy even though the doctors advised her to do so for some medical complications. Mother of the talented quarterback in the advertisement tries to indicate that she did not commit any mistake by not aborting her pregnancy. The advertisement wants to convey the message that women should consider the cons before taking the decision of abortion.
Though the advertisement is an effort to reduce abortion, many people have protested against it. According to the reports, CBS officials have been overwhelmed with positive as well as negative comments about the advertisement. It has been reported that some of the popular women rights organization had protested against the advertisement and pleaded the officials to stop the airing of such issue related advertisements.
- Sarah Palin Supports Tim Tebow Abortion Ad - Jan 31, 2010
- Dockers' Super Bowl Advertisement Receives Maximum Attention - Feb 08, 2010
- Sarah Palin under fire from pro-abolition rights group - Jan 30, 2010
- Sarah Palin in a spot over Tim Tebow's abortion ad - Feb 01, 2010
- Atlanta Anti-Abortion Billboards Advertisement Sparks Controversy - Feb 15, 2010
- Mexico women activists demand safe abortion - May 29, 2011
- Tim Tebow's New Haircut Grips Attention - Aug 08, 2010
- Abortion still taboo in Pakistan - Jan 16, 2012
- Darth Vader Commercial Appeciated By Viewers, Max Page Praised - Feb 08, 2011
- Joan Rivers Denies Speculations About Using Tabitha Taylor As Body Double - Feb 08, 2011
- Betty White Super Bowl Advertisement Is A Hit - Feb 10, 2010
- SNL does a spoof on Tim Tebow - Dec 19, 2011
- Some Super Bowl commercials 2011 leaked - Feb 05, 2011
- Five foetuses found in Nepal's holy river - Jan 07, 2010
- Tim Tebow is not going to be on 'The Bachelor' - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: abortion, advertisement, advertisements, bowl game, cbs, commercials, controversies, fundamentalist christian groups, kar, limelight, medical complications, national football league, national football league team, negative comments, pregnancy, rights organization, sports event, super bowl, tim tebow, women rights