Tim Flyod went for team change out of blueApril 2nd, 2009 - 7:39 pm ICT by GD
Tim Floyd, the man who took the USC’s basketball program to a new stature was offered the Arizona job on Wednesday. This breaking news was gathered from a reliable yet anonymous source who is quite familiar with the situation. The anonymous source also spoke about the meeting of Tim Floyd with Arizona Athletic Director Jim Livengood where he was offered the aforesaid job.
Meanwhile, several attempts to reach Floyd for his comment were left unanswered. Flyod was also noticed to have presented a fiery speech at the team banquets to the players at USC. He advised them to go for a national title rather than flipping to the NBA.
Athletic Director of USC, Mike Garrett said, “Arizona called me and asked for permission. I gave them permission to talk to him. I know that was in the process”. In response to questions of having any word with Flyod he replied, “”He’ll come to me and tell me what he’s decided. That’s how it works.” Garrett stated that the retirement of Flyod from the team will be a loss as he was a great coach. But he also encouraged his discretion to choose his preferred workplace and showed his concern about finding another good coach. When enquired about the coach search, Garrett said, “Of course I always have people in mind and I’ll just have to go deal with those people that I have on a short list that I would consider.”
This is not the first wooing to Floyd. A year ago he received a lucrative offer by the Louisiana State. Flyod turned down the multi-million offer by stating that it is his last job at SC.
- Former Charlotte Hornets coach Dick Harter dies - Mar 14, 2012
- Lane Kiffin Leaves Tennessee For USC Trojans - Jan 13, 2010
- Miami Heat president Riley gets lifetime NBA coaching award - Jun 20, 2012
- Yi Jianlian to carry flag for China in London - Jul 26, 2012
- Siddons unhappy with Muralitharan's signing before his appointment - May 14, 2011
- Former Chicago Bulls Coach Tim Floyd Breaks Up Clash In Casino - Nov 05, 2009
- Pete Carroll Might Leave USC For Seattle Seahawks - Jan 09, 2010
- NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal announces retirement after 19 years - Jun 02, 2011
- Family of Sheriff who killed Billy The Kid against posthumous pardon - Aug 07, 2010
- Super successful Sikh is Toronto's biggest Indian car man - Feb 01, 2011
- I will learn from the Indian team: Fletcher - Jul 15, 2011
- Madrid eyes Wenger, Loew after fallout with Mourinho - Jan 25, 2012
- 50 Cent hospitalised - May 18, 2012
- Indian basketball coaches on US tour - Feb 19, 2012
- Landis claims he saw Lance Armstrong taking drugs - Jul 24, 2010
Tags: anonymous source, arizona job, athletic director, attempts, basketball program, breaking news, coach, director jim, discretion, fiery speech, jim livengood, last job, louisiana state, mike garrett, nba, retirement, stature, team banquets, tim floyd, usc